Athlon X2 3800+ AM2, GIGABYTE GA-M59SLI-S5, 7900GT FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockSampson

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Selling my Athlon X2 3800+ AM2, GIGABYTE GA-M59SLI-S5 MB, and ZALMAN heatsink on EBAY.

Opening Bid is 50 bucks! I hope I get a lot more then that tho ; )
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320078242567&rd=1&rd=1

Here is my 7900GT with Zalman HSF
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320078247460&rd=1&rd=1

If anyone is interested definatly make a bid. I am upgrading to DX10 and Core2 Duo, the parts are in PERFECT condition and I am hoping someone from the Tom's community can give my mobo, cpu, and videocard a good home : ). Thans guys!

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
So you overclocked the CPU and video cards, correct? That bit of information should be included in the auction description.

And this sentence in the first auction: "I used AMD's CPU stepping, what that means to you is that the CPU was down clocked to half its clock speed in order to keep temperatures low and increase the lifetime of the product."

Smells like BS.

A CPU stepping is just a manufacturer's indication that newer version of the product was released, perhaps to resolve bug issues. There's no such thing as "AMD's CPU stepping" that downclocks the processor. And I am certain you didn't run it at half it's rated speed seeing as you had an SLI set-up and therefore, were quite concerned about game performance.

Oh and one last thing...take actual pictures of your items. Don't tack on product pictures you nabbed from some no-name review site. Hold the camera steady next time and they won't come out so blurry. Geeze.

BrockSampson

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Number One: I believe I did include actual pictures and they came out so shitty that I included professional pictures. Whats the problem there? theres real pictures of what I am selling get off me if I cant get a good picture.

Number Two: Sorry if I used "CPU stepping" and that confused you, but its also called AMD Cool n Quiet and it does exactly what I said. Do not accuse me of being a liar and do your research. You don't know me, and you obviously dont know your CPUs. Heres a link if your still confused.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_9487%5E10272,00.html

Number Three: The CPU and GPU were overclocked for maybe 1% of its total lifetime and they are under 6 months old. Maybe I should have mentioned it, but I am selling a 3800 X2, GA-M59SLI-S5 MOBO, and ZALMAN hsf for a starting bid of what, 50 or 75 dollars? Get off my nuts, thats a badass deal even if it goes for two or three times 75 bucks!

Number Four: Theres no need to be a jerk, I was just putting it out there that I am selling my stuff on EBAY and its not like im asking an arm and a leg for it. I wouldnt sell parts that were less then perfect and not tell anyone about it. Oh and just to let you know my cpu is running at... 1.0ghz but as soon as i start up a game and it becomes CPU intensive it will increase to full voltage and 2.0ghz

I am sorry i was a jackass myself and i had to call you out on cool and quiet, but there was no need to make me out to be a liar.

ArbY

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004
You probably had Cool N Quiet confused with Intel's SpeedStep.

But please, don't tell me to do MY research when you yourself don't know what you're talking about.

And I don't think anyone's asking too much of you to take ACTUAL photos of the item(s) you're selling. The pics you did include looked like they were taken when you first put the rig together, and not to mention the quality is horrible.

Photography tips: hold camera steady and make sure there is plenty of light. It's not rocket science people.

Status
Not open for further replies.