2003 #2 DC not doing it's job

I have a test setup with a 2000 DC and one NT4 Workstation. I added a 2003
Domain Controller - apparently successfully after figuring out KBA Q325379
and running "adprep /forestprep" and also "adprep /domainprep" on the 2000
DC Server from the 2003 CDROM.

When I 'pulled the plug' on the 2000 DC, and tried to log on via the NT4
Workstation, it was unsuccessful. I expected the 2003 DC to validate the
User but it didn't.
The "Active Directory Users and Computers" successfully replicated to the
2003 DC Server with all Users and Computers, but any suggestions as to why
it isn't working as I expected it should?

--

Regards,

Slarty Bartfast

Try to set new DC as global catalog.Make sure that you have _msdc record in
DNS.Point your Workstations to use this new DC as DNS server.

Thanks Spale, the 2003 Server was in the 2000 _msdc DC settings OK. I think
the 2000 Server is the problem - I have fiddled with TCPIP a bit - I think I
will test the 2003 Server as a stand-alone DC to keep the test setup simple.

--

Regards,

Slarty Bartfast