Sign in with
Your question

C&C Generals Zero Hour slow down?!

Last response: in Video Games
November 3, 2005 5:11:53 PM

I have an interesting problem with this older-ish game. My system is well above the minimum specs to run the game, I play F.E.A.R. on full details with no problem. I installed Zero Hour and patched it up to the latest version. When I play the game about minutes in to any fight it slows down to an unplayable chuggy mess. What the hell would be causing this? It isnt temp, and it certainly isnt hardware not being fast enough.

I have the latest version of Direct X and the newest Nforce drivers for my 7800GT (I think 81.something). Could the drivers be the issue?

AMD64 3500+
1GB OCZ DDR400
eVGA Geforce 7800GT
Hitachi SATA 250 GB hard drive

More about : generals hour slow

November 3, 2005 6:47:24 PM

do u have AA on, i remember generals had problems running games with AA on for some reason. I can run it on max settings but once i put AA on it just dies.

-I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
-Or else what?
-Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
November 3, 2005 7:21:16 PM

Find an official C&C forum. Chances are you will find your answer quicker there.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
!