Last response: in Windows 7
November 11, 2009 7:48:47 PM

how to get sufficient privileges windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2009 8:06:49 PM

...for what?
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2009 8:09:38 PM

I have win7 myself and haven’t run into any administrative issues yet as appose to vista. But if you're having problems, search google on how to unlock the main administrator account.

If it’s anything like vista, you can unlock the admin account by simply typing in a couple of lines in command prompt. By doing so bypassed a lot of hassles in vista for me.
Related resources
November 12, 2009 3:13:09 PM

Scotteq said:
...for what?

Ever thing !
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 4:12:55 PM

edcourt said:
Ever thing !

..that doesn't answer my question - What are you trying to do now that you can't?

Or are you just taking the piss?
November 12, 2009 4:26:20 PM

Scotteq said:
..that doesn't answer my question - What are you trying to do now that you can't?

Or are you just taking the piss?

no it want tell me stuff on the cmd when i type it in like ..."chkdsk"
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 4:27:10 PM

..so click "OK", and it'll run
November 12, 2009 4:29:46 PM

there isn't an ok ?? it says access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 4:33:05 PM

right click the drive, go into the properties, security, take ownership. OK OK

run Chkdisc again
November 12, 2009 4:34:00 PM

what drive ??
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 4:35:44 PM

the drive you're trying to run the %()#&$(ing Chkdisc on
November 12, 2009 4:39:48 PM

k one more thing if thats ok ? i have a laptop and it want connected to the internet when i plug in the network cabal to it doesn't say anything ideas ??
a b 8 Security
a c 209 $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 4:53:10 PM

Do you have an administrative account or the password for an administrative account? If not, you're out of luck...
November 12, 2009 4:56:15 PM

sminlal said:
Do you have an administrative account or the password for an administrative account? If not, you're out of luck...

Yes i think so ??
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 5:00:35 PM

edcourt said:
k one more thing if thats ok ? i have a laptop and it want connected to the internet when i plug in the network cabal to it doesn't say anything ideas ??

Too many things to have to walk through - Please go through the Windows 7 Internet Troubleshooting Guide
a b 8 Security
a c 209 $ Windows 7
November 12, 2009 7:32:15 PM

sminlal said:

edcourt said:
Yes i think so ??

Well then sign on using that account and password and you'll have administrative privileges!

There are some things that even an administrator can't do. For example, you can't delete a file that is locked by a running program - you have to stop the program first. You can't run CHKDSK /f on a disk that has files open - you have to reboot to safe mode and make sure nothing's using the disk. The OS drive ALWAYS has open files on it, so the only way to handle it is to schedule a CHKDSK to run at the next reboot before the OS has fully loaded.
October 10, 2011 9:45:01 AM

Why do all you techs act so arrogant, like when someone asks a question, you answer condescendingly? If everyone knew all the answers, you guys or gals would be out of a job, now wouldn't you? Get off your high horse and be more humble, because your not all that.
!