CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

thrx

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I keep getting this errors too. But mostly getting the Clock_watchdog error
I just updated my drivers with driver genius. and installed the current windows update.

I uploaded the current dump files
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wqf7xs

On Tue 12/4/2012 10:45:16 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120412-13437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7B040)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800325E180, 0x2)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/4/2012 10:13:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120412-16578-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800325E180, 0x2)
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/4/2012 8:44:26 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120412-16703-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (intelppm+0x2600)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88006B53600, 0x0, 0x8)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
description: Processor Device Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/4/2012 8:31:50 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120412-16796-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880032D1180, 0x3)

On Tue 12/4/2012 8:25:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120412-17140-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF88006BE3977)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF880080E3000, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88006BE3977, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
description: Processor Device Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/4/2012 5:45:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120312-16562-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x2800000033F, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8029DCB47DA)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Mon 12/3/2012 10:19:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120312-5625-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88002A5E180, 0x2)

On Mon 12/3/2012 8:49:08 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120312-8546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80028CE7040)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88000A5E180, 0x2)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

On Mon 12/3/2012 8:49:08 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80028CE7040)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88000A5E180, 0x2)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

I looked at your minidump. It indicated you had a hung processor, check your heat and overclocking. Also, you were running a Adobe program and at the same time blocking access to adobe activation/license servers. This would could be a indication of pirate software.

Looks like you are getting corruption in different drivers on each boot. This could be a indication of a memory chip that has a intermittent connection problem. if you not running a overclocked CPU and not overclocking your memory.

Test your memory or start rotating out sticks of ram until you find the bad stick.
Note: you can swap your memory sticks to different blocks so your device drivers will not crash on the bad memory. (better to crash your apps, than the OS until you find which stick is bad) also, system memory testers will can only find bad memory that they can get access to. (they will fail to find bad blocks that are already in use or in the non paged pool used by drivers)

-if you already checked for common hardware issues you have to start looking for the bugs in drivers. I kind of assumed you were not writing your own driver and have updated all the drivers you have access to.

-very common for the several cores to be waiting for another core to finish a task. While the tasks never get finished because it is waiting for something else to complete. it would be a driver bug.

- is your CPU a sandy bridge that is overclocked to 4549 MHZ?

+0x5f0 CpuType : 6 ''
+0x5f1 CpuID : 1 ''
+0x5f2 CpuStep : 0x2d07
+0x5f2 CpuStepping : 0x7 ''
+0x5f3 CpuModel : 0x2d '-'
+0x5f4 MHz : 0x11c5

run intel processor diagnostic tool. (not likely to find anything, but it is a basic check)

thrx

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Yes I'm running an Intel i7-3820 3.60
I ran to the tool you told me and test fail.
it said Expected CPU Frequency is 3.60
Detected CPU Frequency Is 4.54915

Edit:
Ok So I was trying to reset the Bios Setting via asus and it didn't let me so I just clicked on the
CMOS Switch and reset it. Boot up the computer again ad it was running at 3.60

I Think what happen is that a week ago I Installed Win 8 and installed the ASUS Overclock utility tool to do a
I click overclock . And somehow my WIN 8 got corrupted, so I never changed the settings back again.

Right now the TEST PASSED.

I Will post If I get the BSOD message again.

thrx

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Ok so it seemed that the TCP button on my motherboard was enable. which
made my system overclock automatically. will try and run after effects for while and see if it gives me the same error. as of right so far so good.

that sounds like a realistic cause