Cluster rebuild

Hi,

I have a W2K Advance Server SP4 cluster with 3 logical
drives. The Q drive contains the Quorom dB/folder.

Question: I'd like to rebuild the Array and convert it to
Raid 1+0 from Raid 5. Can I down the cluster, Backup the
Qourum drive, rebuild the Array, recreate the Q drive &
the 2 others, and restore the Quorum dB/folder? Will MSCS
complain about the drives being changed even though
they'll have the same logical drive letters (they'll be
smaller size)?

Thanks!
Patrick

Cluster will likely complain as it is highly dependant upon disk signatures.
Depending upon how you "rebuild" your array, your disk signatures will
likely change. If this occurs, cluster will be hosed. You can work around
this by using the dumpcfg utility to save/restore the disk signatures.
Please read the following KB article for more details.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305793

Regards,
John

"Patrick Prince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a W2K Advance Server SP4 cluster with 3 logical
> drives. The Q drive contains the Quorom dB/folder.
>
> Question: I'd like to rebuild the Array and convert it to
> Raid 1+0 from Raid 5. Can I down the cluster, Backup the
> Qourum drive, rebuild the Array, recreate the Q drive &
> the 2 others, and restore the Quorum dB/folder? Will MSCS
> complain about the drives being changed even though
> they'll have the same logical drive letters (they'll be
> smaller size)?
>
> Thanks!
> Patrick

John,

Thanks. The information you provided and the KB article
will help me. I'm new to clusters, but learning quickly.

Patrick