FS - Morrowind - barely played

Opened The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Played it for about two hours
and just didn't like the game. Selling for $15 - paid $39.99 + tax for
it.

williamsfanatic@yahoo.com wrote:
> Opened The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Played it for about two hours
> and just didn't like the game. Selling for $15 - paid $39.99 + tax for
> it.

Unless you really need the $15, I suggest you just hold on to it.

There was something about the game that just didn't sit with me either.
I started it 3 times and quit each time. I kept coming back when I
was just really bored and didn't have anything else to do.

The 4th time I made it past some point or another and it just hooked me.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

icon

everlast wrote:
> williamsfanatic@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Opened The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Played it for about two hours
>> and just didn't like the game. Selling for $15 - paid $39.99 + tax for
>> it.
>

> Unless you really need the $15, I suggest you just hold on to it.
>
> There was something about the game that just didn't sit with me either.
> I started it 3 times and quit each time. I kept coming back when I was
> just really bored and didn't have anything else to do.
>
> The 4th time I made it past some point or another and it just hooked me.

Or get some mods to go with it, even the graphical improvements and
atmospheric mods make a big difference.
Check out http://www.mwmythicmods.com for some mod advice.
Telesphoros' list is excellent, make sure you pick up Better Heads, like
day and night the difference is :)

Icon wrote:
> everlast wrote:
>> williamsfanatic@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>> Opened The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Played it for about two
>>> hours and just didn't like the game. Selling for $15 - paid $39.99
>>> + tax for it.
>>

>> Unless you really need the $15, I suggest you just hold on to it.
>>
>> There was something about the game that just didn't sit with me
>> either. I started it 3 times and quit each time. I kept coming
>> back when I was just really bored and didn't have anything else to
>> do. The 4th time I made it past some point or another and it just
>> hooked
>> me.
>
> Or get some mods to go with it, even the graphical improvements and
> atmospheric mods make a big difference.
> Check out http://www.mwmythicmods.com for some mod advice.
> Telesphoros' list is excellent, make sure you pick up Better Heads,
> like day and night the difference is :)

And the Better Bodies2 mod. Someone went to all the trouble to build
much better looking meshes that deform more realistically. So now the
'human' NPC's are enjoyably believable. That was a help for me anyway.
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:

> And the Better Bodies2 mod. Someone went to all the trouble to build
> much better looking meshes that deform more realistically. So now the
> 'human' NPC's are enjoyably believable. That was a help for me anyway.
> McG.

Yup, I've got both Better Heads and Better Bodies 2 running together and
the difference is amazing. Also on Telesphoros' list is another mod that
lets you use Better Boddies & Smoother Bodies combined which sounds like
it should be excellent - anyone tried this one?

icon

Pete MC wrote:

> McGrandpa wrote:
>

>>And the Better Bodies2 mod. Someone went to all the trouble to build
>>much better looking meshes that deform more realistically. So now the
>>'human' NPC's are enjoyably believable. That was a help for me anyway.
>>McG.
>

> Yup, I've got both Better Heads and Better Bodies 2 running together and
> the difference is amazing. Also on Telesphoros' list is another mod that
> lets you use Better Boddies & Smoother Bodies combined which sounds like
> it should be excellent - anyone tried this one?

It is more of a modders resource and you have to swap each NPC in the
Editor individually to a new race, i.e. Nord1 is Better Bodies and Nord2
is Smoother Bodies. Unless you are making a mod which uses a specific
body for clothing, select your favourite one and stick to it on its own.

Icon wrote:

> Pete MC wrote:
>
> > McGrandpa wrote:
> >

> >>And the Better Bodies2 mod. Someone went to all the trouble to build
> >>much better looking meshes that deform more realistically. So now the
> >>'human' NPC's are enjoyably believable. That was a help for me anyway.
> >>McG.
> >

> > Yup, I've got both Better Heads and Better Bodies 2 running together and
> > the difference is amazing. Also on Telesphoros' list is another mod that
> > lets you use Better Boddies & Smoother Bodies combined which sounds like
> > it should be excellent - anyone tried this one?
>
> It is more of a modders resource and you have to swap each NPC in the
> Editor individually to a new race, i.e. Nord1 is Better Bodies and Nord2
> is Smoother Bodies. Unless you are making a mod which uses a specific
> body for clothing, select your favourite one and stick to it on its own.

Ah right, thanks.

Pete MC wrote:
> McGrandpa wrote:
>

>> And the Better Bodies2 mod. Someone went to all the trouble to build
>> much better looking meshes that deform more realistically. So now
>> the 'human' NPC's are enjoyably believable. That was a help for me
>> anyway. McG.
>
> Yup, I've got both Better Heads and Better Bodies 2 running together
> and the difference is amazing. Also on Telesphoros' list is another
> mod that lets you use Better Boddies & Smoother Bodies combined which
> sounds like it should be excellent - anyone tried this one?

yeah, but beware...those are anatomically correct bodies too :) I think
you may choose between absolutely correct and er...modest.

I'm looking for that one where you ride horses in Morrowind, remember
the name of the plugin?
McG.

Bjoern Liffers wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:55:33 GMT, McGrandpa
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm looking for that one [mod] where you ride horses in Morrowind,
>> remember
>> the name of the plugin?
>
> That's Pegas Horse Ranch available at Morrowind Summit
> http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp
>
> Bjoern

Excellent, thanks!

Now, after following some of the readme's, I learn about one "Cait", who
evidently has modelled and skinned just about all of the 'earth' sort of
animals for the mods. Does Cait have a site? Morrowind Summit doesn't
list this name in the search by authors. I'd like to learn more about
Cait and what Cait is doing! These animals, great stuff!
McG.

icon

McGrandpa wrote:

> Excellent, thanks!
>
> Now, after following some of the readme's, I learn about one "Cait", who
> evidently has modelled and skinned just about all of the 'earth' sort of
> animals for the mods. Does Cait have a site? Morrowind Summit doesn't
> list this name in the search by authors. I'd like to learn more about
> Cait and what Cait is doing! These animals, great stuff!
> McG.

Cait has modelled and skinned them, but mostly as resources. Kagrenac
has taken many of them and placed them all over morrowind. Check out :
http://www.mwmythicmods.com/
specifically under Telesphoros' list to find links to both Caits mods
and Kagrenac (Kagz) mods.

Icon wrote:
> McGrandpa wrote:
>

>> Excellent, thanks!
>>
>> Now, after following some of the readme's, I learn about one "Cait",
>> who evidently has modelled and skinned just about all of the 'earth'
>> sort of animals for the mods. Does Cait have a site? Morrowind
>> Summit doesn't list this name in the search by authors. I'd like
>> to learn more about Cait and what Cait is doing! These animals,
>> great stuff! McG.
>
> Cait has modelled and skinned them, but mostly as resources. Kagrenac
> has taken many of them and placed them all over morrowind. Check out :
> http://www.mwmythicmods.com/
> specifically under Telesphoros' list to find links to both Caits mods
> and Kagrenac (Kagz) mods.

Right, been there, got all that great stuff :) Was hoping that Cait has
a site and talked a bit about the modelling and skinning she's done and
doing :) It looks like she's done a *lot* of animals for Morrowind!
Anyway, gotta get this stuff installed and go try it all out!
McG.

Anybody out there know of a map for the Volmeer quest of Suran
Underworld?

Anybody know a relatively safe way past all the undeed? (I've worn out
most of my magic weapons and am not doing the damage I should be and
don't have sufficient Enchant skill to recharge them...)

I know about the description on the Thelys site but am getting
horribly confused by the "walkthrough"

Pete MC wrote:

> I'm playing this mod at the moment and I'm _really_ impressed with it so
> far, absolutely quality piece of work. Next quest is to storm the castle
> south of Ebonheart to get my ring back from that theiving N'wah!

Absolutely agreed. It's my favourite quest mod together with Illuminated
Order.

I'm currently playing through Beyond Ysgramor, thanks to Bjoern for the
recommendation. Looks good as well, but so far it didn't live up to the
high standards set by Suran Underworld.

Peter

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:03:12 +0100, Bjoern Liffers
<bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote:

>Stay away from rugs and skulls. Every time you step onto one of the
>square rugs, four wraiths will be summoned and every time you approach
>one of the skulls lying on a casket, a lich guardian will be summoned.

Is THAT the trick? :)

Perhaps you've got time for one other? I've killed Volmeer and want to
BlackRazor Gang hideout under Molag Mar and find the three force
fields blocking my progress - and the buttons don't seem to do a
thing. I tried the corpse in the corner hoping for a key but no dice.

I even tried going to the console to open the gate or just to reset
the room (I don't even mind fighting the Durzogs again...)

Am I missing something? This lair seems to be nothing more than go
down two flights of stairs until you get to the room with the
forcefields - I didn't see any keys, cranks or other stuff of the sort
we've grown to know and love...

I assume one of the seven buttons resets the board but without Durzogs
the force fields don't seem to want to move ?!?

Any help at this point would be much appreciated - I've seen a few
spoilers and it looks like an interesting quest.

> So I go back to the
> BlackRazor Gang hideout under Molag Mar and find the three force
> fields blocking my progress - and the buttons don't seem to do a
> thing.

Havn't you been there already long ago? The Volmeer quest comes long
after the BlackRazor Gang. You probably are supposed to get Aktheron the
first time you visit the BlackRazor hideout. Don't you need it to finish
the quest with Valia (or whatever her name was)? Or is she satisfied by
just killing the Khajiit? I don't remember.
In any case, you must have proceeded through the forcefield once before
to kill the BlackRazor Khajiit.

I remember randomly pressing the buttons and at some point the front
forcefield opened, so I could proceed and meet the BlackRazor guys and
found Aktheron in a chest in that area (behind the forcefield).

In worst case, 'tcl' to pass the forcefield if you forgot Aktheron the
first time.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:08:23 +0100, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> So I go back to the
>> BlackRazor Gang hideout under Molag Mar and find the three force
>> fields blocking my progress - and the buttons don't seem to do a
>> thing.
>
>Havn't you been there already long ago? The Volmeer quest comes long
>after the BlackRazor Gang. You probably are supposed to get Aktheron the
>first time you visit the BlackRazor hideout. Don't you need it to finish
>the quest with Valia (or whatever her name was)? Or is she satisfied by
>just killing the Khajiit? I don't remember.
>In any case, you must have proceeded through the forcefield once before
>to kill the BlackRazor Khajiit.

Yes - I had been there before but there are two wings to that place
and I found the person I was sent there to kill and teleported home
more or less immediately without taking the time to clean the place
out completely. Out of Restore Health, weapons bashed all to hell,
magic points depleted you get the idea - it seemed a good time to go
home - I didn't expect the fields to be up again when I went back...

>I remember randomly pressing the buttons and at some point the front
>forcefield opened, so I could proceed and meet the BlackRazor guys and
>found Aktheron in a chest in that area (behind the forcefield).
>
>In worst case, 'tcl' to pass the forcefield if you forgot Aktheron the
>first time.

Thanks I'll try that - it's wasn't so much 'forget' as 'run for your
<unprintable> life!'

Peter Strempel wrote:

> Pete MC wrote:
>
> > I'm playing this mod at the moment and I'm _really_ impressed with it so
> > far, absolutely quality piece of work. Next quest is to storm the castle
> > south of Ebonheart to get my ring back from that theiving N'wah!
>
> Absolutely agreed. It's my favourite quest mod together with Illuminated
> Order.
>
> I'm currently playing through Beyond Ysgramor, thanks to Bjoern for the
> recommendation. Looks good as well, but so far it didn't live up to the
> high standards set by Suran Underworld.
>
> Peter

After a marathon playing session last night I've now been to Jotenheim,
killed Morvenn and completed my castle. Wow, now _that_ is a home fit
for a king! Just got the slightly daunting task of moving house from Bal
Isra to face now, that and trying to find twenty-odd identical sets of
armour as a uniform for my private army....

I say again, this is the best mod I've ever seen!

> Wow, now _that_ is a home fit for a king!

Yup. And you really have to work *hard* to get it. Going to and through
hell... :)

Talking about good quest mods: I just installed Emmas newest mod "White
Wolf of Lokken Mountain" (available at thelys.org). I only just started
the quest, so I cannot comment too much. But so far it looks most
excellent. It takes place in Solstheim on a new beautiful crafted
island, and I personally like the Solstheim area for its athmosphere
very much.
If you are looking for more good quest mods, this looks like it's worth
a try.

Peter

Peter Strempel wrote:

> > Wow, now _that_ is a home fit for a king!
>
> Yup. And you really have to work *hard* to get it. Going to and through
> hell... :)
>
> Talking about good quest mods: I just installed Emmas newest mod "White
> Wolf of Lokken Mountain" (available at thelys.org). I only just started
> the quest, so I cannot comment too much. But so far it looks most
> excellent. It takes place in Solstheim on a new beautiful crafted
> island, and I personally like the Solstheim area for its athmosphere
> very much.
> If you are looking for more good quest mods, this looks like it's worth
> a try.

nice one, thanks. I'm determined to finish all of Suran Underworld
before I install anything else, I've been concentrating on the ring
quests so far as I really wanted the castle so have only got as far as
Sunshield Amulet for the Tong, I suspect there's a looooong way to go
with that yet.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:43:35 +0100, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> more or less immediately without taking the time to clean the place
>> out completely. Out of Restore Health, weapons bashed all to hell,
>> magic points depleted you get the idea - it seemed a good time to go
>> home
>
>Well, just the usual status when on a Bloodfang Tong mission. :*)
>
>I checked it in the editor. It seems the original quest is completed
>when the cat is dead. Getting the ring isn't required for the Bloodfang
>quest. Though I do remember when I went back to Valia and had the ring,
>she gave me a hint what to do with it. That's why I thought you need to
>get the ring to complete her quest, too. Obviously wrong.

Yup - I got the journal message when the cat was dead and it never
occured to me that I'd only be getting one shot at it.

>Anyways, I had a quick look at the forcefield code. It seems the wall is
>reset but not the buttons, but not quite sure. Question is, is this a
>feature or an error in the mod or the infamous Morrowind '72 hours
>reset' bug?
>Console 'tcl' should work in any case to get through.

Seems to me like a bug - I used your 'tcl' exploit to go back in and
kill everything in sight. It was rather tougher than I expected for a
level 20 or so quest - I ended up having to take 5 or 6 fortify
strength potions up high enough to have fun...

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:03:07 +0000, Pete MC
<nomorespam@youbastids.com> wrote:

>nice one, thanks. I'm determined to finish all of Suran Underworld
>before I install anything else, I've been concentrating on the ring
>quests so far as I really wanted the castle so have only got as far as
>Sunshield Amulet for the Tong, I suspect there's a looooong way to go
>with that yet.

I've completed the Guildmaster quest and have gone back to do the ring
quests...mouhaha!!

Peter Strempel wrote:

> Talking about good quest mods: I just installed Emmas newest mod "White
> Wolf of Lokken Mountain" (available at thelys.org). I only just started
> the quest, so I cannot comment too much.

I played through the main quest of Lokken Island during the last 2 days,
it'd hooked me to the computer for quite some time. This is a most
excellent mod I would highly recommand. There is a new island east of
Solstheim (just a jump from Thirsk), full of wolves and bears, with a
village full of Nords and mead. What you'd expect from Solstheim. The
mod is some mix of landscape, quest and companion mods. There is one
main quest and several sidequests to play. During quests you will work
together with other people (aka companions) which you can optionally
keep after the main quest is completed. The quests are not too easy and
partly involve some quite tough battles, though if you can generally
survive travelling Solstheim, you should be fine.

The landscape and village including a castle are absolutely beautiful -
if you like snow, that is. Storyline and the various characters
backgrounds are quite involving and alive; depending on how far you
progressed through the main quest reactons of various inhabitants
towards you can be quite different. Overall I found the story and
background very believable, especially as main and side quests are tied
to one big plot, so quests are not just some sequence of "go there, kill
this, here is your reward".
There are some unique armours and weapons to be found, which are strong
but not overpowered. Nord stuff, mostly described best by "heavy" and
"axe", so it might not be the killer gear for everyone. But this is
Solstheim, so no complains.
During various quests you will have companions, which is a nice touch.
Except for quests, companions are optional, so you don't have to drag
them around with you all the time. Fortunately all companions come with
a smart follow script, so you don't lose them while they are running
inside some boulder.

Overall I rate the mod excellent due to an involving storyline and a
beautiful landscape.

"White Wolf of Lokken Island" by Emma is availabel for download at
thelys.org

Peter

sarah

"Peter Strempel" <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Overall I rate the mod excellent due to an involving storyline and a
> beautiful landscape.
>

> "White Wolf of Lokken Island" by Emma is availabel for download at
> thelys.org

Cool, Peter, thanks for the review. I'm playing with this mod for the first
time. I haven't started it yet, but I'm always a little suspicious of new
mods until they're proven themselves. It sounds like I have nothing to
worry about with this one.