Sign in with
Your question

Ati: reason for best image quality

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 26, 2006 9:27:08 PM

OK im hoping that some of you guys will be able to help me out . I need to know the answer to the ATi crossfire question the is in the link below. I hope that someone will be kind enough to help me out here as ,the way i see it is that any on of the answers could be the correct answer.

To me it semes that these are all resons for great image quality.

I really need your help

thanks
chris

http://www.hexus.net/content/temp/ar...ompetition.php
Related resources
July 26, 2006 10:00:59 PM

First off, the name you're using on the boards here is stupid, and moronic.

As for your question, ATi cards use a method of anisotropic filtering that is superior to nVidia's. I wont get into it more :roll:
July 26, 2006 10:07:30 PM

Quote:
First off, the name you're using on the boards here is stupid, and moronic.

As for your question, ATi cards use a method of anisotropic filtering that is superior to nVidia's. I wont get into it more :roll:
]

My name is not stupid or moronic. The name i was going to use was christophicus, but someone had already used it. So i had to think of another one 'therealchrist' meaning I am the real christophicus.:) 

:)  secondly : have you read the options? if so which is teh correct one.

For those not wishing to follow the link i will type out the question and options here

ATI Crossfire is the fastest multi-GPU solution with the highest quality image becauseā€¦

1. Supports HDR and AA

2. HDR and AF

3. AA with bi-liear filtering

Thanks again
chris.
July 26, 2006 10:21:45 PM

I must say your name might be rather offensive to some, despite your explanation. Perhaps simply deleting the "t" at the end would help?
July 26, 2006 10:23:38 PM

I stated why ATi has the best IQ already.....continue your quest, but it will lead back to my original post.....

Change you're nick, or stop posting here....

I'm not kidding.
July 26, 2006 10:25:39 PM

Quote:
I must say your name might be rather offensive to some, despite your explanation.

Thank you for explaining that :idea:
July 26, 2006 10:25:44 PM

Quote:
I stated why ATi has the best IQ already.....continue your quest, but it will lead back to my original post.....

I'm not kidding.

Yup, makes perfect sense.
July 26, 2006 10:30:11 PM

Quote:

I'm not kidding.

Yes but out of the options two of them feature AA in teh answer and i dont know whichon is right.

Are you a mod ? do you have the power to stop me posting/ban me.

Are you really being seriouse?? I am very much finding it hard to beleive that anyone could be seriouse about that.
July 26, 2006 10:35:22 PM

Quote:

I'm not kidding.

Yes but out of the options two of them feature AA in teh answer and i dont know whichon is right.

Are you a mod ? do you have the power to stop me posting/ban me.

Are you really being seriouse?? I am very much finding it hard to beleive that anyone could be seriouse about that.

Dude, calm down!
July 26, 2006 10:37:40 PM

Are you talkig to me?? I am been calm, sorry if i came across agressivly.

I just cant beleive im bening threatened because of my username.
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2006 10:46:07 PM

There's more to it then just non-angle dependant AF.

ATi's past expertise was focused on Multimedia solutions. As such they produced TV Tuners and the Venerable All In Wonder Line. They focused on Windows Multimedia.

So what they had to do was work hard on a good RAMDAC design. And they achieved that.

nVIDIA HAVE ALWAYS been a gaming GPU maker. There RAMDAC's are the poorest of all the major 3D GPU makers. As such there images are not as sharp. You can especially see this when comparing two large displays at high resolutions side by side (one being ATi the other nVIDIA).

Of course the company producing the sharpest image is neither of these two. It's Matrox.

But ATi boards have consistantly been ahead of nVIDIA wher image sharpness and clarity is concerned. Speed... has always varied between the two depending on the gaming titles used.
July 26, 2006 10:50:28 PM

Quote:
I just cant beleive im bening threatened because of my username.

Dude don't take it to hard, people get jumped for making typos in their posts all the time.. Forum Nazis. There i said it. :evil: 
July 26, 2006 11:10:53 PM

Ok, I'll tell you why:
1. It can process HDR and AA at same time.
2. It can also process HDR and AF at same time.
3. It can also process HDR with bi-linear filtering.

Those are the reasons.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
July 26, 2006 11:28:49 PM

Quote:

Remember when you got banned from 3dgameman.com for being an ATi nazi?......remember when you got banned from elitebastards.com for being an all around fukctard, and pretending to be a staff member(who contacted nVidia and ATi under false pretences :roll: )

It makes me vomit to see you posting here. Even the regulars @ [H] have got you pegged, and none of your post's are taken seriously.

Do us all a favor, and go hang out @ the guru of 3d or something, because the posters there are about of the same intellect as you, and you could probably become their leader or what have you.

You should be embarrassed about the problems you have caused, you burned some really cool people :roll:
July 26, 2006 11:44:04 PM

wow the poster just want a decent answer... now people are hating... it makes me laugh because some of ya take it too seriously
July 26, 2006 11:47:47 PM

It's because they are Canadian :lol: 

I think your name is hilarious, I should use 'therealhitler' :) 
July 26, 2006 11:48:07 PM

Quote:
it makes me laugh because some of ya take it too seriously

You say serious.....I say bored :lol: 
July 26, 2006 11:50:40 PM

Quote:
I should use 'therealhitler' :) 

July 26, 2006 11:55:03 PM

Quote:
It's because they are Canadian :lol: 

I think your name is hilarious, I should use 'therealhitler' :) 

Dude i'm canadian and i totally pissed myself when GW got is panties in a bunch about the username. Aren't we supposed to be all about freedom of speech and stuff?!

Also to Geneticweapons: Aren't Matrox and 3dlabs standalone graphic companies? Just a tought. :) 
July 26, 2006 11:56:13 PM

:lol: 

I'm just trying to liven up an otherwise boring forum.....dont take me serious anybody....please... :lol: 

That includes my sig :twisted:
July 26, 2006 11:58:27 PM

That was a compliment to Canadians good color judgment! Seriously I wasn't insulting you!

Anyone offended by my new avatar?
July 27, 2006 12:05:18 AM

It's ok, in all honesty i don't give a crap about where people are from, just what they bring to the table and it's going to take much more than that to get me frazzled up...And BTW Nice Pic, I didn't see such a good portrait of "EL FURER" in a long time... :twisted:
July 27, 2006 12:08:49 AM

Thank GW, he's the inspiration behind hitl...um, me :) 

First time I've EVER used an avatar, that must say something!
July 27, 2006 12:10:25 AM

Quote:

Also to Geneticweapons: Aren't Matrox and 3dlabs standalone graphic companies? Just a tought. :) 

3DLabs no longer exists.....and what was the other company you said :?:
July 27, 2006 12:19:21 AM

Quote:

3DLabs no longer exists.....and what was the other company you said :?:

Here you go.
July 27, 2006 12:25:15 AM

I could name a couple more if you want?!
How about S3?
Or XGI..

I admit this won't make mainstream GFX makers quake in their boot but still...
July 27, 2006 12:27:15 AM

nVidia - those SLI stealing bastards. :lol: 
July 27, 2006 12:27:22 AM

Ah! S3, no, shutup, AH!
July 27, 2006 12:28:31 AM

Quote:

ATi's past expertise was focused on Multimedia solutions. As such they produced TV Tuners and the Venerable All In Wonder Line. They focused on Windows Multimedia.

So what they had to do was work hard on a good RAMDAC design. And they achieved that.

nVIDIA HAVE ALWAYS been a gaming GPU maker. There RAMDAC's are the poorest of all the major 3D GPU makers. As such there images are not as sharp. You can especially see this when comparing two large displays at high resolutions side by side (one being ATi the other nVIDIA).

Of course the company producing the sharpest image is neither of these two. It's Matrox.

But ATi boards have consistantly been ahead of nVIDIA wher image sharpness and clarity is concerned. Speed... has always varied between the two depending on the gaming titles used.
Nvidia at one time had bad RAMDACs but now they've improved greatly since the FX era; I suggest you stop judging a company/product off of one previous failure.
July 27, 2006 12:35:35 AM

Quote:
Ah! S3, no, shutup, AH!

NEIN?! Oh well I just needed 1 to make my point.. looks like Matrox and XGi are my saviors.. and dude please refrain from telling others to shut up, as I only replied to this in a humurous kinda way because any of those companies don't even qualify as good GFX makers, altought Matrox did make nice all around GFX cards back in the days. :wink:
July 27, 2006 12:37:04 AM

My entire reply was ment humurously, sorry, forgot to use the :D 
July 27, 2006 12:43:10 AM

Cool then, because it's really hard sometimes to gauge people by what they're typing, just like what happened earlier in this thread with GW, altough i still remain confused about the veracity of the part about all the replies being about making the forums more lively...oh well...

And Dude i wonder how long you will be able to keep that avatar without anyone goin' to the mods all pissy about how is grandad got killed by the Furer trying to get you to change it. I'd put some money on that..LOL :lol: 
July 27, 2006 1:02:22 AM

I'm curious too, course my great great great grandpa worked directly with hitler, so I'm simply stating my origins, not opinions :) 
July 27, 2006 1:09:39 AM

"there RAMDAC's are the poorest of all the major 3D GPU makers"

I have a question. I thought that if using a complete digital solution such as the dvi port on the video card to the dvi connection on the monitor that a ramdac was not needed because there is no digital to analog conversion taking place. I could be wrong but thats why I am asking.

Why can't anyone use correct (mostly) correct grammar and spelling? Reading some of these threads is like trying to decipher some alien language.
I guess that is the way these days. sigh. :?

Oh yeah, I think that name could be changed to therealchris. Just my opinion. :roll:
July 27, 2006 1:42:43 AM

Quote:
Why can't anyone use correct (mostly) correct grammar and spelling? Reading some of these threads is like trying to decipher some alien language.
I guess that is the way these days. sigh. :?

Hey El FURER your starting to get a following dude time to invade polland or whatnot.. :lol: 
July 27, 2006 2:43:16 AM

Down with EL FUROR!
err... sorry I mean EL FURER!

No disrespect. :oops: 
July 27, 2006 2:50:03 AM

ROFL..Ok need new undies....
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2006 3:26:50 AM

Quote:
.....and what was the other company you said :?:

BA$$TURD! :evil: 

Now you've crossed the line. Forget the four-er jokes, but slight MATROX, now it's on, it's on like Donkey Kong! :tongue:

BTW, what's with n00bs asking for help in contests, oie! :roll:
July 27, 2006 3:35:43 AM

:lol:  Go canucks!!
July 27, 2006 4:22:14 PM

Quote:
Ok, I'll tell you why:
1. It can process HDR and AA at same time.
2. It can also process HDR and AF at same time.
3. It can also process HDR with bi-linear filtering.

Those are the reasons.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, thats why i was confused.

And genetic weapon, Yeah that was really funny and so obvious from you posts that you were messing.( not)
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2006 11:31:46 PM

Quote:
and what was the other company you said

LOL, definately aimed at APE. :lol: 
July 28, 2006 12:28:51 AM

Wow, what a total display of how lousy forums can get at times...
July 28, 2006 1:02:30 AM

Quote:

BA$$TURD! :evil: 

Now you've crossed the line.

Funny thing with this forum....I never know when you'll be watching :oops: 
July 28, 2006 1:03:00 AM

Quote:

Totally :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2006 6:38:18 PM

Quote:

Totally :lol: 

HAHA you two, very funny!

Well at least they're still running in PC graphics unlike PowerVR! :tongue:

Anywhoo, I knows ya' does it to give me a chance to mention.... MATROX. 8)

I think it might be a record this month. :twisted:
July 28, 2006 6:40:53 PM

Matrox > nVidia **

** just to make Ape feel good :twisted:
!