Windows Install Error - Help Please

I was building a new computer and everything was fine. However when I begin installing Windows it gets to a certain file and then gives me an error message. The file which it stops at seems to be random as well, which is odd... Any help please?
8 answers Last reply
More about windows install error please
  1. Quote:
    I was building a new computer and everything was fine. However when I begin installing Windows it gets to a certain file and then gives me an error message. The file which it stops at seems to be random as well, which is odd... Any help please?

If windows hangs randomly on install the windows CD may need cleaned.
  2. But it's a brand new CD.... I suppose I could try it anyway. Thanks :D
  3. I believe it was shadowduck who pointed out the other day, many times when windows hangs up loading from the CD the problems traces to the RAM often. You might try putting just one DIMM in slot one and loading the windows CD that way.
  4. Okay then, thanks a lot
  5. Could also be the hard drive. If replacing the ram doesnt work... Good Luck m8.
  6. If you need to check your Ram here's a good Link to an app thats really great.
    Good Luck!
  7. I've seem this WAY too many times where it's ram, course if the HD is clicking or making strange noises that could be a telltale sign as well.
  8. I've got Windows installed now, although I'm not sure what was wrong.... Anyways, thanks for the help guys! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Error Message Systems