Sign in with
Your question

Will Antec p180 quiet this system significantly or not?

Last response: in Components
July 26, 2006 9:42:35 PM

Im not too sure if this is right forum, so I'll post it anyway.

I currently have the system below.

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Socket 754 Stock HSF non-OC
Abit KV8-Pro
OCZ EL 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 Dual Channel Kit
Sapphire Radeon X800 XT 256MB AGP
2 WD Raptor WD360GD RAID 0
1 WD Caviar SE WD1200JB
Chieftec Dragon Case Black
Antec TRUE480 480W PSU
LITE-ON Combo Drive SOHC-5232K
Sony Black 1.44 Floppy

Im wanting to know If getting an Antec p180 will quiet this rig down a significant amount or not.
July 26, 2006 9:58:14 PM

the P180 will quiet and cool better than the case you currently have.
July 26, 2006 10:03:59 PM

If you want to make it quieter than even the case can do alone, change the hsf on the cpu and video card as these make the most noise.
Related resources
July 26, 2006 10:06:53 PM

So, Suggestions for CPU and GPU coolers?
July 26, 2006 10:15:20 PM

waylander wrote
Quote:
If you want to make it quieter than even the case can do alone, change the hsf on the cpu and video card as these make the most noise.

And I totally agree .... I have the antec p180 but I also went with zalman for the cpu cooler (CNPS7000B-Cu LED) and also for the gpu (VF700-Cu) and my case is very quiet, in fact if nothin else is running I barely hear it and if I have my a/c on I don't hear nothin from the case. But if you have noisy h/s fans then you will still hear them 'cause this case isn't soundproof, but very silent when used with after market coolers.
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 27, 2006 6:56:58 AM

I'd replace the CPU/GPU coolers before dropping the money on the case...the suggestions that Pengwin made are good. I think you might be surprised with the noise reduction those two give you.
July 27, 2006 3:30:09 PM

Quote:
I'd replace the CPU/GPU coolers before dropping the money on the case...the suggestions that Pengwin made are good. I think you might be surprised with the noise reduction those two give you.

ty ^_^

i opted for the AC vs the zalman one because of the DHES (Direct Heat Exhaust System)
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 28, 2006 5:20:37 PM

I almost went that route, but decided on the VF900-CU. My P150 vents air like a charm with the PSU and 120mm fan both exhausting...
July 28, 2006 6:30:41 PM

The p180 is an excellent case!

My suggestion probably doesn't fit within your guidelines, but for fans I would consider the Vantec Stealth 120 - NewEgg has them. Specific info:

http://www.vantecusa.com/p_sf_6025l.html

These double ball-bearing fans are very durable and extremely quiet.

Also, most motherboards do not have enough fan connectors to handle four fans unless you wire them direct (noisy) or use individual fan controls. For this reason, the Antec TruePower series of PS provide "fan only" connectors which monitor the case temperatures and adjust accordingly, which is a simply elegant and effective solution.

Good Luck!
July 28, 2006 10:01:58 PM

Quote:
The p180 is an excellent case!

My suggestion probably doesn't fit within your guidelines, but for fans I would consider the Vantec Stealth 120 - NewEgg has them. Specific info:

http://www.vantecusa.com/p_sf_6025l.html

These double ball-bearing fans are very durable and extremely quiet.

Also, most motherboards do not have enough fan connectors to handle four fans unless you wire them direct (noisy) or use individual fan controls. For this reason, the Antec TruePower series of PS provide "fan only" connectors which monitor the case temperatures and adjust accordingly, which is a simply elegant and effective solution.

Good Luck!

actually..most mobo's have atleast 5 fan headers, mine has 8.
!