what?

I killed Dagoth Ur by destroying his damned heart, and also destroyed the beast he was building, then I got back to Vivec the God
and he continued to speak as if I still had to destroy Dagoth Ur: if I speak of Dagoth Ur to him he repeats to me how to kill him.
I have killed him! My journal has been updated with the destruction of dagoth ur and the earthquake I had to escape, as I di with a
divine intervention scroll.
What more do I have to do to make them realise I have destroyed the Heart and Dagoth Ur? The same happened speaking with high priest
Saryoni at Vivec city. Shouldn't the Vivec god be destroyed since I destroyed the earth? Or do I have to gather something more than
the three tools I wear?

Vilco
16 answers Last reply
More about what

    "Vilco" <t@h.c> wrote in message news:<hbZ0d.304936$5D1.13503310@news4.tin.it>...
    > I killed Dagoth Ur by destroying his damned heart, and also destroyed the beast he was building, then I got back to Vivec the God
    > and he continued to speak as if I still had to destroy Dagoth Ur: if I speak of Dagoth Ur to him he repeats to me how to kill him.
    > I have killed him! My journal has been updated with the destruction of dagoth ur and the earthquake I had to escape, as I di with a
    > divine intervention scroll.
    > What more do I have to do to make them realise I have destroyed the Heart and Dagoth Ur? The same happened speaking with high priest
    > Saryoni at Vivec city. Shouldn't the Vivec god be destroyed since I destroyed the earth? Or do I have to gather something more than
    > the three tools I wear?
    >
    > Vilco

    Did you leave by the door? Sometimes if you exit places in the game
    by magic instead of the door, the trigger doesn't activate.

    "Vilco" <t@h.c> wrote:

    >I killed Dagoth Ur by destroying his damned heart, and also destroyed the
    >beast he was building, then I got back to Vivec the God
    >and he continued to speak as if I still had to destroy Dagoth Ur: if I
    > speak of Dagoth Ur to him he repeats to me how to kill him.
    >I have killed him! My journal has been updated with the destruction of
    >dagoth ur and the earthquake I had to escape, as I di with a
    >divine intervention scroll.
    >What more do I have to do to make them realise I have destroyed the Heart
    >and Dagoth Ur? The same happened speaking with high priest
    >Saryoni at Vivec city. Shouldn't the Vivec god be destroyed since I
    >destroyed the earth? Or do I have to gather something more than
    >the three tools I wear?

    Once you destroy the heart, Dagoth Ur, and his new god, you're supposed
    to leave the way you came. As you're leaving the cave chamber where you
    faced Dagoth Ur the first time, and had that chat session, Azura will
    appear before you, telling you that you're free, you've fulfilled your
    destiny, and she gives you a ring in gratitude.

    Azura's declaration, and not the actual death of Dagoth, likely triggers
    what you're missing.

    I would try going back to the volcano complex. Azura may still appear.
    when you reach the chamber.

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:38:05 GMT, "Vilco" <t@h.c> wrote:

    >I killed Dagoth Ur by destroying his damned heart, and also destroyed the beast he was building, then I got back to Vivec the God
    >and he continued to speak as if I still had to destroy Dagoth Ur: if I speak of Dagoth Ur to him he repeats to me how to kill him.
    >I have killed him! My journal has been updated with the destruction of dagoth ur and the earthquake I had to escape, as I di with a
    >divine intervention scroll.
    >What more do I have to do to make them realise I have destroyed the Heart and Dagoth Ur? The same happened speaking with high priest
    >Saryoni at Vivec city. Shouldn't the Vivec god be destroyed since I destroyed the earth? Or do I have to gather something more than
    >the three tools I wear?

    Did you get the scene with Azura when you exited Ur's stronghold? If
    not you're stuck reloading since if Azura doesn't recognize you then
    neither will Vivec.

    Been there & done that I'm sorry to say...

    DeAnn wrote:

    > Did you leave by the door? Sometimes if you exit places in the
    > game
    > by magic instead of the door, the trigger doesn't activate.

    Thanks to all of you three, I'm going back into it
    now, I should have a savegame of just after
    destriying the heart.

    Vilco

    Vilco wrote:

    But... is this the end of the main plot of the game?
    So now, or I go around doing what it happens to do,
    like rising up in level in Houses and Guilds, or I
    buy tribunal and bloodmoon?

    Vilco

    Vilco wrote:

    > or I buy tribunal and bloodmoon?

    Good idea. I found tribunal not so great, though it's still fun and
    worth the time. Bloodmoon I liked very much, I still havn't seen all
    things on Solstheim yet, only played through the main-quest (which is
    pretty good in my opinion) but not yet the various side quests.

    And why not get some mods? I recently finished Suran Underworld. If you
    need a serious challenge, that's the mod to play.
    I just started with BlackMill, looks okay so far, but I cannot comment
    much as I didn't progress far yet.

    Peter

    On 12 Sep 2004 13:08:41 -0700, von.sagrillo@verizon.net (DeAnn) wrote:

    >Did you leave by the door? Sometimes if you exit places in the game
    >by magic instead of the door, the trigger doesn't activate.

    I mentioned previously that my hopped up super-strength character
    severed the Heart with a Daedric Broadsword.

    He didn't get the scene with Azura either. (I had the appropriate
    weapons in my backpack but had forgotten to load them...so didn't make
    the mistake on reload)

    DeAnn wrote:

    > "Vilco" <t@h.c> wrote in message news:<hbZ0d.304936$5D1.13503310@news4.tin.it>...
    > > I killed Dagoth Ur by destroying his damned heart, and also destroyed the beast he was building, then I got back to Vivec the God
    > > and he continued to speak as if I still had to destroy Dagoth Ur: if I speak of Dagoth Ur to him he repeats to me how to kill him.
    > > I have killed him! My journal has been updated with the destruction of dagoth ur and the earthquake I had to escape, as I di with a
    > > divine intervention scroll.
    > > What more do I have to do to make them realise I have destroyed the Heart and Dagoth Ur? The same happened speaking with high priest
    > > Saryoni at Vivec city. Shouldn't the Vivec god be destroyed since I destroyed the earth? Or do I have to gather something more than
    > > the three tools I wear?
    > >
    > > Vilco
    >
    > Did you leave by the door? Sometimes if you exit places in the game
    > by magic instead of the door, the trigger doesn't activate.

    I'm sure that we all will agree that THAT is a big mistake in the
    game. Why would the creators assume that people wouldn't automatically
    Recall out of that hell-hole? Why doesn't Azura appear to thank you
    anywhere you next end up? Stupid. Just because there is only one door
    out doesn't mean people are going to use it.

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > I'm sure that we all will agree that THAT is a big mistake in the
    > game. Why would the creators assume that people wouldn't
    > automatically Recall out of that hell-hole? Why doesn't Azura
    > appear to thank you anywhere you next end up? Stupid. Just
    > because there is only one door out doesn't mean people are going
    > to use it.

    Yes, a little bug in a *great* game.
    I attempted first this game with an XP1800+ with 256MB and a TNT2Ultra video card, and I left it for the too heavy graphics, but
    when I recently bougth a new video card, I took it out of the box and installed Morrowind.
    Love at first sight, pardon, second sight :)

    Vilco

    Vilco wrote:

    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    > > I'm sure that we all will agree that THAT is a big mistake in the
    > > game. Why would the creators assume that people wouldn't
    > > automatically Recall out of that hell-hole? Why doesn't Azura
    > > appear to thank you anywhere you next end up? Stupid. Just
    > > because there is only one door out doesn't mean people are going
    > > to use it.
    >
    > Yes, a little bug in a *great* game.
    > I attempted first this game with an XP1800+ with 256MB and a TNT2Ultra video card, and I left it for the too heavy graphics, but
    > when I recently bougth a new video card, I took it out of the box and installed Morrowind.
    > Love at first sight, pardon, second sight :)

    Oh, YEAH Vilco, a new video card is beautiful! BECAUSE I was playing
    this game, and for no other reason, I paid big ~real money dollars~ for
    a 9600 ATI All-In-Wonder to replace my 8500 A-I-W - cos I wanted "pretty
    water"! LOL! I also got mist effects that I hadn't expected, as a
    bonus. :D

    Whether or not it was "worth it"... hey! That's debatable! :D

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    >> I attempted first this game with an XP1800+ with 256MB and a
    >> TNT2Ultra video card, and I left it for the too heavy graphics,
    >> but when I recently bougth a new video card, I took it out of
    >> the box and installed Morrowind.
    >> Love at first sight, pardon, second sight :)

    > Oh, YEAH Vilco, a new video card is beautiful! BECAUSE I was
    > playing this game, and for no other reason, I paid big ~real
    > money dollars~ for a 9600 ATI All-In-Wonder to replace my 8500
    > A-I-W - cos I wanted "pretty water"! LOL! I also got mist
    > effects that I hadn't expected, as a bonus. :D

    I'm on a 9600 ATI, too. The PRO version, with 256MB RAM,
    should last some time... I heard that it runs Doom 3 (if
    it's worth playing, I still don't know) at 800x600 with
    low details and only 2x antialiasing and 2x aniso, on a
    XP1800+ with 512MB PC333 DDR RAM, averaging a humble 30fps,
    which means sometimes 40 and soemtimes (argh!) 20fps :(
    I really hope games in the future won't be like that.
    Someone also said that doom3 looks like a "technology
    demo" just for its monstruous hardware requirements: I
    hope this guy's right :)

    Vilco

    Vilco wrote:

    > ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    > >> I attempted first this game with an XP1800+ with 256MB and a
    > >> TNT2Ultra video card, and I left it for the too heavy graphics,
    > >> but when I recently bougth a new video card, I took it out of
    > >> the box and installed Morrowind.
    > >> Love at first sight, pardon, second sight :)
    >
    > > Oh, YEAH Vilco, a new video card is beautiful! BECAUSE I was
    > > playing this game, and for no other reason, I paid big ~real
    > > money dollars~ for a 9600 ATI All-In-Wonder to replace my 8500
    > > A-I-W - cos I wanted "pretty water"! LOL! I also got mist
    > > effects that I hadn't expected, as a bonus. :D
    >
    > I'm on a 9600 ATI, too. The PRO version, with 256MB RAM,
    > should last some time... I heard that it runs Doom 3

    [NOTE: I'm one of these people who walks into the living room, sees my
    husband watching a football game, and I'm not interested, but just to be
    polite and make conversation I'll ask "Who's playing?" To be polite,
    he'll tell me who's playing, but I'm sure that in his private thoughts
    he's annoyed that I don't automatically know who's playing by just
    looking at them.]

    Doom 3? That's a game, right? There's a third one already? ;)

    ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > Vilco wrote:

    >>> Oh, YEAH Vilco, a new video card is beautiful! BECAUSE I was
    >>> playing this game, and for no other reason, I paid big ~real
    >>> money dollars~ for a 9600 ATI All-In-Wonder to replace my 8500
    >>> A-I-W - cos I wanted "pretty water"! LOL! I also got mist
    >>> effects that I hadn't expected, as a bonus. :D
    >>
    >> I'm on a 9600 ATI, too. The PRO version, with 256MB RAM,
    >> should last some time... I heard that it runs Doom 3
    >
    > [NOTE: I'm one of these people who walks into the living room, sees
    > my husband watching a football game, and I'm not interested, but just
    > to be polite and make conversation I'll ask "Who's playing?" To be
    > polite, he'll tell me who's playing, but I'm sure that in his private
    > thoughts he's annoyed that I don't automatically know who's playing
    > by just looking at them.]
    >
    > Doom 3? That's a game, right? There's a third one already? ;)

    Yes'm ... eleven years after the release of Doom, iD Software have
    released Doom3. Modern systems have more problems running the old
    games like Doom and Redguard than they do modern games like Doom3 and
    Morrowind. :) Truth. Doom3 is a DX9 game, and it uses complex
    lighting and shading schemes that are meant to work out the most modern
    video cards. TES IV: Oblivion will likely push on my rig every bit as
    hard as Doom3 does or that Half-Life 2 will. And TES IV will be a
    *Must Have* Game for most of us reading this ng I think :)
    My FX5900-128 and 9800 Pro-128 will both likely get bent out of shape by
    these upcoming games, just as it's being "torqued pretty tough" with
    Doom3 right now. :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > > Doom 3? That's a game, right? There's a third one already? ;)
    >
    > Yes'm ... eleven years after the release of Doom, iD Software have
    > released Doom3. Modern systems have more problems running the old
    > games like Doom and Redguard than they do modern games like Doom3 and
    > Morrowind. :) Truth. Doom3 is a DX9 game, and it uses complex
    > lighting and shading schemes that are meant to work out the most modern
    > video cards. TES IV: Oblivion will likely push on my rig every bit as
    > hard as Doom3 does or that Half-Life 2 will. And TES IV will be a
    > *Must Have* Game for most of us reading this ng I think :)
    > My FX5900-128 and 9800 Pro-128 will both likely get bent out of shape by
    > these upcoming games, just as it's being "torqued pretty tough" with
    > Doom3 right now. :)

    I'll bolster my wallet for the inevitable upgrades. ::sigh::

    ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    >>> Doom 3? That's a game, right? There's a third one already? ;)
    >>
    >> Yes'm ... eleven years after the release of Doom, iD Software have
    >> released Doom3. Modern systems have more problems running the old
    >> games like Doom and Redguard than they do modern games like Doom3 and
    >> Morrowind. :) Truth. Doom3 is a DX9 game, and it uses complex
    >> lighting and shading schemes that are meant to work out the most
    >> modern video cards. TES IV: Oblivion will likely push on my rig
    >> every bit as hard as Doom3 does or that Half-Life 2 will. And TES
    >> IV will be a *Must Have* Game for most of us reading this ng I think
    >> :)
    >> My FX5900-128 and 9800 Pro-128 will both likely get bent out of
    >> shape by these upcoming games, just as it's being "torqued pretty
    >> tough" with Doom3 right now. :)
    >
    > I'll bolster my wallet for the inevitable upgrades. ::sigh::

    Ahhhh...but the pretties in game are darn well worth it!!! :o) I gave
    a friend Morrowind as a gift, then realized that as much as they loved
    it, they couldn't be seeing that much of it on a Radeon 7000. So, when
    I got a new video card I sent a Radeon 8500-128 and then, all of
    Morrowind was there :) The 8500 and Morrowind are both DX8.
    Yeah, I'm bolstering my wallet up too :) I think a 6800Ultra 256 meg
    will be my next choice.
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > And TES IV will be a *Must Have* Game
    > for most of us reading this ng I think :)

    You can bet your rig on that one:)

    Vilco

Games Video Games