We Forgot about the Poor Apple Computer Company!

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
http://news.techwhack.com/4128/amd-ati-apple/
Apple Computer is sitting there crying now that ATI graphics is gone, mostly because they are going to have to use Intel Graphics now. Which will take a massive Hit on their Graphic and Gaming Performance.

Awwww poor Apple :cry:

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
But ATI was their bigger Graphics supporter just like the Xbox360 and the Gamecube almost All gaming consoles take ATI i don't know what will happen to ATI graphics after complete take over from AMD. Will they loose contracts from the Gaming industry or will they expand and gain more ground. Only AMD can deside if they will ruin their old relationship or be introduced as ATI's Husband and all will be fun and happy in the Gaming world

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
But ATI was their bigger Graphics supporter just like the Xbox360 and the Gamecube almost All gaming consoles take ATI i don't know what will happen to ATI graphics after complete take over from AMD. Will they loose contracts from the Gaming industry or will they expand and gain more ground. Only AMD can deside if they will ruin their old relationship or be introduced as ATI's Husband and all will be fun and happy in the Gaming world

For the record ATI bought out Artx the original designers of the graphics processor for the GameCube.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
So what your saying is, Now that AMD married ATI the Nitendo Wii will have a logo saying "AMD Integrated"? or will ATI will still reign Supreme? And Why does'nt Nitendo use Core 2 Duo or some new gen Processer Instead of them Crappy IBM cpus that Apple threw away.

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
That article is also incorrect since it says that Intel has canceled its license with ATI. Intel has already confirmed that so far this is not the case.

I forgot about Apple. And that being said, Apple is another reason why Intel has a reason not to cancel their license with ATI. Apple wants a real integrated GPU, not Intel's POS. So if Intel cuts ATIs license, Intel looses money in royalties from ATI because Nvidia already has a license and Apple would probably go to them for graphics.

And the Wii is coming out before the two companies can legally merge so it will definitely not have any kind of AMD logo on it and most likely not an ATI logo. Do you see an ATI logo anywhere on the Xbox360?

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Do you really think that AMD would scrap a brand name like ATI?! Also if i'm not mistaken aren't the 2 companies supposed to remain "seperate" entities brandwise?

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Apple?

Yeah, I like Granny Smith Apples because they are both sweet and tart.

I like my Granny Smiths when it's hard and crunchy. But adding an ATI or nVidia chip to it will make it a bit too hard and crunchy for me though.

I'm allergic to apples, whether they use an ATI or nVidia GPU.

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005

For the record ATI bought out Artx the original designers of the graphics processor for the GameCube.

That team's first project was R300. I have every confidence that with R600 history will repeat itself.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
So what your saying is, Now that AMD married ATI the Nitendo Wii will have a logo saying "AMD Integrated"? or will ATI will still reign Supreme? And Why does'nt Nitendo use Core 2 Duo or some new gen Processer Instead of them Crappy IBM cpus that Apple threw away.

No I just wanted to point out, that the GameCube had nothing to do with ATI.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Apple?

Yeah, I like Granny Smith Apples because they are both sweet and tart.

I like my Granny Smiths when it's hard and crunchy. But adding an ATI or nVidia chip to it will make it a bit too hard and crunchy for me though.

Word.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
So this ATI Licence finishing Will mean that Apple will have to forced to have Sexual Intercourse with Nvidia or it's Intel Integrated CRAP on all Graphic levels because Intel's ditched ATI from now on. And im pretty sure If intel does Apple follows because It's Intel that Apple is relying on right? And if intel Ditches ATI so now Apple can't have a say in this they will have to ditch ATI support too.

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
I forgot about Apple. And that being said, Apple is another reason why Intel has a reason not to cancel their license with ATI. Apple wants a real integrated GPU, not Intel's POS. So if Intel cuts ATIs license, Intel looses money in royalties from ATI because Nvidia already has a license and Apple would probably go to them for graphics.
What are you talking about? Apple's Intel computers use a custom designed motherboard with an Intel chipset. It doesn't have anything to do with ATI's bus license at all. Apple also doesn't use ATI integrated graphics in it's Intel computers. The MR X1600 may be soldered to the motherboard but it still uses a PCIe bus and is not an IGP.

Personally, if Intel wants to discourage ATI graphics usage and encourage nVidia usage instead, Apple would be the first to switch since they are supposed to be the flashy "technology trend setter". I'm betting that Apple's Core 2 computers will mostly use nVidia graphics chips (and Intel chipsets obviously).

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
And Why does'nt Nitendo use Core 2 Duo or some new gen Processer Instead of them Crappy IBM cpus that Apple threw away.
Do you honestly think Nintendo could get enough Core 2 Duos at a reasonable price for a game console? Also, I doubt Intel would actually sell them the chips the way a game console needs. When Sony bought the emotion engine, it gave them the ability to produce their own chips so die shrinks could be administered to cut costs after the manufacturing process matures. As we saw with the Xbox's Pentium3 Coppermine, Intel provided the chips and they never had a die shrink which kept the CPU manufacturing costs at a high throughout the console's lifetime, which equaled a loss for every console made thanks to the larger CPU die.

TheMaster

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004

That team's first project was R300. I have every confidence that with R600 history will repeat itself.

Yup, the legendary 9700/9800 pro :trophy:

The thing with apples is like most froots, they tend to rot after being in the open for too long.
Now that they've moved to intel they have no performance advantage over PCs that the metrosexual/emo fanboys can tout.

They still have a loyal horde of followers who know nothing about computers,
but are willing to spend big bux to feel smug that they have an apple.
(ughh just read some of the crap on their website)
Little do they know, deep down inside we're all laughing at them.

As far as gaming on a mac goes....What gaming performance?
There aren't any games for mac except maybe dyno park tycoon. :mrgreen:

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Little do they know, deep down inside we're all laughing at them.
Speak for yourself. Didn't you know that it's no longer cool to be anti-Apple? Meanwhile, Apple and its shareholders are laughing all the way to the bank.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
What has Apple done to you? They were the ones who invented the GUI; otherwise we'd probably still be using green screens.

Actually, It was Xerox that created the GUI (and mouse for that matter.) Apple stole it from them. Ms then stole it from Apple.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about Apple. The Macs are selling because of the iPod fanfare, but look how many users are using Windows on them via Apple's own Bootcamp. Won't be long before people will want a Mac with just Windows (Why pay for Apple's OS when you're not going to use it?)

Just a matter of time until Apple becomes just a supplier of trendy (underperforming? - Doubt their users care) Windows machines.