Windows Environment variable length limit

I have a situation where I need to set the PATH system
environment variable to a long string, but the system only
recognises first 1034 characters. Does anyone know how to
increase this limit ?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:03:58 -0700, "Ashwini" <avrm@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a situation where I need to set the PATH system
>environment variable to a long string, but the system only
>recognises first 1034 characters. Does anyone know how to
>increase this limit ?

See http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=830473

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP