Mobo without Bios? INTEL D955XBK - SOLVED

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Did I set up a friend's machine, with one motherboard intel, D955XBK (good mother) and, did it come without the bios... in her place? ANYTHING... 8O :?:

This is the removed picture of the site of Intel... I circulated the bios...

Worse than motherboard hour that I set up worked... but it lasted 3 weeks... oh mobo began to whistle lack of memory... we tested... memory, video, source... I tried reset in the bios... and everything more....

I was examining carefully her, when suddenly eye and don't I find bios, in her place the one what encounter swims only a " hole ".... now I am asking, how did a plate-mother without bios work? Is he going me to post the picture, and later does put here at the forum... did I never see something like that, did anybody already see? :?:

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
It seems you are saying that you had an Intel motherboard that "was" working and it failed. While you were looking at it you unable to get into the bios..

Is this correct?

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Luis,

Sorry your english is very broken! I am unable to tell what your question is!

Are you using a translator?

Yes, I using a translator, sorry, but my English is very bad, I will try without the translator

The Board in question the bios is not present, in your place a hole exists, and it work for 3 weeks. But now accuse no memory, 3 bips...

No understand as works... I circulated the BIOS not present in the motherboard of the my friend...

Now succeed understand my?

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
It seems you are saying that you had an Intel motherboard that "was" working and it failed. While you were looking at it you unable to get into the bios..

Is this correct?

No exactly, my friend had an Intel motherboard, and after 3 weeks, the computer no turn, and I verify no existent chip of the BIOS in the local exist only one hole... I not understand with work for 3 weeks, I circulate de chip in picture of the original message...

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Your friends computer worked for thee weeks WITHOUT a BIOS?

I didn't get to find the circulated chip, the chip not present in motherboard... I don't know where it is BIOS in this motherboad...

kitchenshark

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
If there is an empty socket where the BIOS chip used to be, it is possible that the chip fell out.

Some motherboards have replacable BIOS chips like that.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
OK Luis,

Your english "without the translator" is much better.

That is a trace on the Motherboard. That does not actually mean that a Bios should have been installed there.

The machine HAD a bios or it would not have worked for three + weeks.

You are experiencing a problem OTHER THAN the lack of a Bios chip..

What are the symptoms of the problems you are having?

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
OK Luis,

Your english "without the translator" is much better.

That is a trace on the Motherboard. That does not actually mean that a Bios should have been installed there.

The machine HAD a bios or it would not have worked for three + weeks.

You are experiencing a problem OTHER THAN the lack of a Bios chip..

What are the symptoms of the problems you are having?

The motherboard worked for 3 weeks, and now fail memory read... according to bips code, 3 in case, is not memory install, I test memory in other machine and work, I test memory of the other machine in... And continue issue bip codes, I reset the Bios, and not work...

Without doubts not is bios not located, more I never see it!!

I mount very, or better, some board, more see it!!

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
You get 5 stars just for trying dude...Keep trying I really admire people that at least try.. :wink:

My english not is wonderful, I try undestand the problem of the motherboard, be that not presente chip of BIOS, become impossible rewrite chip out motherboard...I am making an effort, using my bad english for understand... :lol: :oops:

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I understand no existence of BIOS chip (commom) this board use SPI Flash Device...I locate it in one document of the intel site.

More, I don't know solve the problem of the memory not found for system... The board show which not found memory... I tested other modules in the board... I will try remove batery system for some hours... and recover the Bios System, using lasted Bios present in Intel Site....

The batlle continue.... :wink:

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
It's a good thing to try and flash the bios to a more recent version, but to me it sounds like a hardware failure since you had it working for a while before it stopped working.

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I also think trouble is hardware... more I am tried help a one good friend, I live in Brazil and my friend buy the board in USA...

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Luis,

Take the memory chips out and put them back in...

They sometimes work their way out (this is not likely but it can happen).

If that does not work try the memory in another machine if possible.

The Beep codes are telling you that the memory is the problem so start there!

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Luis,

Take the memory chips out and put them back in...

They sometimes work their way out (this is not likely but it can happen).

If that does not work try the memory in another machine if possible.

The Beep codes are telling you that the memory is the problem so start there!
Tank's for your attention, and patience, with my english

I already tested memory modules in other machine, and it worked...

I already tested the other modules in machine... and not worked...

I believe the problem is BIOS corrupt, this night I try recover bios...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Luis_arg it looks like you are from argentina. is that right?

do you speak spanish? si es asi te puedo ayudar a traducir lo que intentas decir.

You are saying that when you turn on your computer, it sends 3 beeps and then just nothing works. is that true?

Did you ask your friend if he tried to update the BIOS? maybe he did and the process failed and the motherboard cant turn on.

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Luis_arg it looks like you are from argentina. is that right?

do you speak spanish? si es asi te puedo ayudar a traducir lo que intentas decir.

You are saying that when you turn on your computer, it sends 3 beeps and then just nothing works. is that true?

Did you ask your friend if he tried to update the BIOS? maybe he did and the process failed and the motherboard cant turn on.

No, I live in Brazil, Sao Paulo....

Yes, my friend turn off computer, and the day after, the computer nothing works more...

My friend no knows wath is one update the BIOS, simply he turn off computer and no more works...

Sunday he will get computer for I try recover BIOS, I find that can remotly it was BIOS corrupt or virus, more remotly option...

IF you write in Spanish perhaps I understand better...
Thank you...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Ok intenta esto

Desarma la computadora. Quitale todos los hardware que tiene y vuelvelos a poner. Si no se soluciona asi puedes mirar si hay algun otro chip que se paresca al BIOS y revisa que si es removible ajustalo bien. Tambien intenta descargar el Recovery BIOS de Intel y pruba si puedes solucionar el problema.

Yo creo imposible que una placa madre funcione sin BIOS. Posiblemente te hayas confundido y el BIOS este localizado en otro lugar. Si el BIOS un chip que se puede sacar o mover ajustalo bien. Y revisa que no se haya caido o movido.

luis_arg

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Ok intenta esto

Desarma la computadora. Quitale todos los hardware que tiene y vuelvelos a poner. Si no se soluciona asi puedes mirar si hay algun otro chip que se paresca al BIOS y revisa que si es removible ajustalo bien. Tambien intenta descargar el Recovery BIOS de Intel y pruba si puedes solucionar el problema.

Yo creo imposible que una placa madre funcione sin BIOS. Posiblemente te hayas confundido y el BIOS este localizado en otro lugar. Si el BIOS un chip que se puede sacar o mover ajustalo bien. Y revisa que no se haya caido o movido.

This board have one bios, must no chip bios normal, using new type off bios chip, using SST25VF080B, one new type the chip for BIOS... because I didn't find visually...

This type of bios is weld in board....

Thank you, sunday I try resolve the problem of the my friend...