hp 338 (94) and 343(95) reset

Hi
I just bought the Hp PSC 1610 which has the Vivera Carts 343,338 (also
known as 94 and 95).
Does anybody know how to reset (from the contacts) these cartridges?
Thanks in advance!

"geocha" <geocha@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
> Hi
> I just bought the Hp PSC 1610 which has the Vivera Carts 343,338 (also known
> as 94 and 95).
> Does anybody know how to reset (from the contacts) these cartridges?

Once the cartridge has been used the ink level indicator cannot be reset. You
can continue to use the cartridge but it is not possible to reset the ink level
for a depleted cartridge.

- Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

Bob Headrick wrote:
> Once the cartridge has been used the ink level indicator cannot be reset. You
> can continue to use the cartridge but it is not possible to reset the ink level
> for a depleted cartridge.
>
> - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

I have an HP 6122 and a 5652 and the cartridges can be reseted without
problems from the contacts.I think that can do the same thing with 94 & 95.

Any way Bob i have another question for you ;) :
I printed 3-4 photos with this PSC and noticed that these carts make
bigger and bad diffused dots than the 56 & 57.
Why?Is it normal?Aren't these printheads better than the 56 57?

Thank you again!

> Bob Headrick wrote:
>> Once the cartridge has been used the ink level indicator cannot be reset.
>> You can continue to use the cartridge but it is not possible to reset the
>> ink level for a depleted cartridge.
>
> I have an HP 6122 and a 5652 and the cartridges can be reseted without
> problems from the contacts.I think that can do the same thing with 94 & 95.

Your other printers store the cartridge ID in the printer, and "forget" after
three cartridges. The tape method makes the printer think it is a different
cartridge, and eventually resets to a full cartridge. The 94/95 have the
information stored in the cartridge, not the printer.

> Any way Bob i have another question for you ;) :
> I printed 3-4 photos with this PSC and noticed that these carts make bigger
> and bad diffused dots than the 56 & 57.
> Why?Is it normal?Aren't these printheads better than the 56 57?

Make sure you have selected the proper paper type in the driver. The drop size
should be nearly the same as your those from your Deskjet 5652. The main
"better" part of the 95 cartridge over the 57 is that it has twice as many
nozzles (more speed) and more lightfast inks (better fade resistance) and a
larger color gamut. The ink is darker than in the #56 cartridge.

Regards,

Bob Headrick wrote:
> "geocha" <geocha@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
>
>>Bob Headrick wrote:
>>
>>>Once the cartridge has been used the ink level indicator cannot be reset.
>>>You can continue to use the cartridge but it is not possible to reset the
>>>ink level for a depleted cartridge.
>>
>>I have an HP 6122 and a 5652 and the cartridges can be reseted without
>>problems from the contacts.I think that can do the same thing with 94 & 95.
>

> Your other printers store the cartridge ID in the printer, and "forget" after
> three cartridges. The tape method makes the printer think it is a different
> cartridge, and eventually resets to a full cartridge. The 94/95 have the
> information stored in the cartridge, not the printer.
>

>>Any way Bob i have another question for you ;) :
>>I printed 3-4 photos with this PSC and noticed that these carts make bigger
>>and bad diffused dots than the 56 & 57.
>>Why?Is it normal?Aren't these printheads better than the 56 57?
>

> Make sure you have selected the proper paper type in the driver. The drop size
> should be nearly the same as your those from your Deskjet 5652. The main
> "better" part of the 95 cartridge over the 57 is that it has twice as many
> nozzles (more speed) and more lightfast inks (better fade resistance) and a
> larger color gamut. The ink is darker than in the #56 cartridge.
>
> Regards,

so
1. the carts will still running after the running low indication
right?(MY hp 6122 after a while stops)
2)i calibrated the printer twice and choose the right paper but there
are a lot of dots on my prints!

What should i do?
Thank you again!

Bob Headrick wrote:

>>>Once the cartridge has been used the ink level indicator cannot be reset.
>>>You can continue to use the cartridge but it is not possible to reset the
>>>ink level for a depleted cartridge.

So it will be usable (refills) a lot of times without reset?