Backup question

I want to schedule a weekly backup using the program that comes with Windows
2000 Server.

A problem I have is my users don't always turn off their computers on
Friday. This means that if nothing is done, several important files will
not get backed up.

Is there a way to kick everybody off the server, then start the backup?

Matthew

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:10:06 -0400, "Matthew" <turn.deletethis@alltel.net>
wrote:

>I want to schedule a weekly backup using the program that comes with Windows
>2000 Server.
>
>A problem I have is my users don't always turn off their computers on
>Friday. This means that if nothing is done, several important files will
>not get backed up.
>
>Is there a way to kick everybody off the server, then start the backup?
>
>Matthew

See tip 159 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP