Really Weird... Does Somebody Have Explanations?

patrickcyr

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Hi,

I've received my Thermaltake Bigwater 745 yesterday, so I installed it on my Pentium D 805. I left it on stock speed until today. Anyway, so I overclocked it to 3.7Ghz without problems. I found that weird because I didn't had to tweak the voltage.. even at 3.7Ghz. So I stressed tested it with Everest to check if the system was stable or I had to adjust the voltage. The temperatures on full load was ~45 so I opened up SpeedFan just to confirm it and it was ok. The CPU usage on EVEREST was 100% but it didn't tell me if it was on CORE 0 or CORE 1. So I opened Rightmark CPU clock utility, and when I stumbled on monitoring, I saw that the CPU was throthling back on CORE 0... at 47 degrees! But if I check on EVEREST, the CPU throtling was at 0% all time. So is it really possible that one core is throtthling back at 47 degress or is it just Rightmark who is wrong? Am I goign crazy?

P.S. If you don't believe me, here's a picture

RichPLS

Champion
well your pic does not work... and whether you are crazy or not I won't adress... but Intel CPU's throttle at around 80C from my understanding... So either your temp readings are incorrect, or some other software reading is incorrect, or you have a piece of bad hardware...