cheap HP 1210 "all-in-one" toner cartridges?

Hello,

A few days ago someone tossed an HP 1210 "All-in-one"
printer/scanner into a dumpster at my apartment complex.

It seems to be working fine, so I was thinking of
getting a toner cartridge and using it, since I don't
have a printer at home.

However, I checked at Fry's Electronics, and the HP toner
cartridges for it cost $50 (you apparently need to
get a set of two ... a black, No. 56, and a tri-color, #57).

So I was wondering if there was any cheap substitutes
I could use, instead of the ones from HP?

Thanks,
John
3 answers Last reply
More about cheap 1210 toner cartridges

    Take a look at -:

    http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic95809.html

    (where do I make a hole to toner fill 92274).

    yes I know its not the same as yours but may give you some idea.

    and also http://www.urefilltoner.co.uk

    where you might find how to refill the toner unit

    Davy

    "Davy" <davecoe@blueyonder.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Take a look at -:
    >
    > http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic95809.html
    >
    > (where do I make a hole to toner fill 92274).
    >
    > yes I know its not the same as yours but may give you some idea.
    >
    > and also http://www.urefilltoner.co.uk
    >
    > where you might find how to refill the toner unit

    Although the #56 cartridge does use pigmented ink, I do not think using laser
    toner will get very far....

    - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

    Hi Bob
    I dropped a clanger there, thanks for pointing it out, sorry John I
    must have automatically thought of laser toner for some reason.

    Thanks again Bob

    Davy

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals