cheap HP 1210 "all-in-one" toner cartridges?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
May 24, 2005 6:14:44 PM

Hello,

A few days ago someone tossed an HP 1210 "All-in-one"
printer/scanner into a dumpster at my apartment complex.

It seems to be working fine, so I was thinking of
getting a toner cartridge and using it, since I don't
have a printer at home.

However, I checked at Fry's Electronics, and the HP toner
cartridges for it cost $50 (you apparently need to
get a set of two ... a black, No. 56, and a tri-color, #57).

So I was wondering if there was any cheap substitutes
I could use, instead of the ones from HP?

Thanks,
John
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 24, 2005 11:55:57 PM

"Davy" <davecoe@blueyonder.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Take a look at -:
>
> http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic95809.html
>
> (where do I make a hole to toner fill 92274).
>
> yes I know its not the same as yours but may give you some idea.
>
> and also http://www.urefilltoner.co.uk
>
> where you might find how to refill the toner unit

Although the #56 cartridge does use pigmented ink, I do not think using laser
toner will get very far....

- Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP
May 27, 2005 6:33:27 PM

Hi Bob
I dropped a clanger there, thanks for pointing it out, sorry John I
must have automatically thought of laser toner for some reason.

Thanks again Bob

Davy
!