Digital Voice Number ??

I have been trying to sign up for service with a VOIP provider. I am
supplying my own ATA (Sipura SPA-2002) The supplier informs me that besides
a MAC number I must provide a Digital Voice Number. The MAC is no problem
but there is no mention of such a thing as a Digital Voice Number in the
literature that came with the ATA. Can someone please tell me what this is
and, mora important, how to get it? Thanks

artlab <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have been trying to sign up for service with a VOIP provider. I am
> supplying my own ATA (Sipura SPA-2002) The supplier informs me that besides
> a MAC number I must provide a Digital Voice Number. The MAC is no problem
> but there is no mention of such a thing as a Digital Voice Number in the
> literature that came with the ATA. Can someone please tell me what this is
> and, mora important, how to get it?

I don't think it's anything. What provider are we talking about here?

miguel

mnc@admin.u.nu (Miguel Cruz) writes:
> artlab <artlab@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> I have been trying to sign up for service with a VOIP provider. I am
>> supplying my own ATA (Sipura SPA-2002) The supplier informs me that besides
>> a MAC number I must provide a Digital Voice Number. The MAC is no problem
>> but there is no mention of such a thing as a Digital Voice Number in the
>> literature that came with the ATA. Can someone please tell me what this is
>> and, mora important, how to get it?
>
> I don't think it's anything. What provider are we talking about here?

Could the provider be making up a different name for the
fully-qualified-telephone-number (the one that looks like an email
address).

<telephone-number>@hostname.and.domain

I know ipkall effectively asks that question, but they sugar-coat it a
bit so as to not scare folks away.

-wolfgang
Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.