Core 2 Duo BS! Prises =(

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
WOW these stores are out of control pricing the E6600 at $410 bucks , I thought retail price was going to be $316 .. Whats going on.. I was so happy and now I have to spend 100 bucks more just to get it and since it has 4mb L2 , thats the one I must have.

Check Pc Club they are insane.. The E6700 cost $800.00 WOW! .. ill have to wait till fryday to see if Frys electronics sells it for the real retail price.

Well As soon as NewEgg Has them ill have to buy it online along with an Old nf4 intel motherboard for 50 bucks .

What do U guys think.. If u find anyone that has them for their suggested reail price let us know .. c ya.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
WOW these stores are out of control pricing the E6600 at $410 bucks , I thought retail price was going to be $316 .. Whats going on.. I was so happy and now I have to spend 100 bucks more just to get it and since it has 4mb L2 , thats the one I must have.

Check Pc Club they are insane.. The E6700 cost $800.00 WOW! .. ill have to wait till fryday to see if Frys electronics sells it for the real retail price.

Well As soon as NewEgg Has them ill have to buy it online along with an Old nf4 intel motherboard for 50 bucks .

What do U guys think.. If u find anyone that has them for their suggested reail price let us know .. c ya.

Siba

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006

The 1000qty unit prices were listed as $316 for an E6600....not retail prices.

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006

The 1000qty unit prices were listed as $316 for an E6600....not retail prices.

Still $100 is a big gap........I'd wait for Newegg!!

Not sure it'll work with an NF4 mobo, I thought that all of the reviews and the literature said 965 and 975X and the 975X's were a bit dodgy and you may need a working P4 to flash it with. NF5 is due soon for Core2 Duo though.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
It Might be listed in Canadian Prices. Because i've seen it on a Canadian Pre-ordering site and it was on sale for E6600 @ 415$CDN

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006

that's the seek and offer law...

zornundo

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
The price is gonna be what the market will bear. All these e-tailers might start the price high due to hype and/or not much supply. If the orders do not come in, you can expect to see a steady decline in the price. Simple Economics 101.

I know my BS in BA was good for something :trophy:

edit: That being said, if you think the prices are too high, don't buy. Enough of you not buying and boom! price should lower.

CptCpu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Just wait for tigerdirect and newegg to get them, for they should not have really high mark ups as long as they have a good stock. I'm thinking about getting mine from tiger direct so I don't have to pay tax. I would if I went with newegg, I know I'm cheap. :lol: :roll:

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Supply and demand at work, lots of demand, limited or no supply. Be patient, the prices will drop as soon as Intel ships to the retail channel in volume. 8)

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I remember reading that even if July 27th was the date the Conroe comes out, Dell and other major system builders get first pick and first priority. You probably won't see Conroe for smaller system builders and retailer until early august or so.

Me, I'm not too worried since I used to work at Directron.com, which means I have first pick of any parts they get at manufacter price... shrug

One more thing, D-Tron earlier offered a pre-order of the E6600 for 340, now its up to 400... so I'm guessing if you really wanted it, you should ordered it earlier, since everyone's rising the price. It's your basic economics...

$316 per CPU is for orders of 1000 Core 2 Duos placed by companies who have signed purchase order agreements with Intel.

You and everyone else will be paying retail prices. Usually a markup of 15% to 20%. There is a huge demand for Core 2 Duo so retailers are taking advantage of the situation by charging high prices. Kinda like when the Xbox 360 first came out; people were making huge profits selling them on eBay.

Prices should calm down a bit later in August after the initial surge.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I'm generally distrusting of rumors.

There was a rumor going on in my 9th grade year that there would be a Burger King, a Taco Bell, and a Pizza Hut in the cafeteria of the new high school. Went there for three years, graduated from there in 2005.

Lo and behold, there were no restaurants.

It's possible that there won't be enough supply to meet demand until October. It looks like it could happen. I haven't heard official word on the supply issue, but from the looks of things it's not outside the realm of possibility.

To be honest, however, I haven't really been paying attention to Core 2's availability. I check newegg every few days to see if they're available, but I haven't seen anything but Core Duo chips.

majoravatar

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Well it's not like directron is making any promises (except for price). It could conceivably be months before they ship one. Intel (an other companies - see xbox 360) always release as soon as they have a small inventory because it drives up prices artificially.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
yawns,

http://www.directron.com/bx80557e6600.html

Availability: This item is shipped from our affiliate facility. The stock level is not under our control and is subject to change. We will contact those that order this item in the event of a problem. If this item is ordered together with other products, this item may be shipped separately and may arrive separately.

I'm not impressed as you thought I would be. They don't have it in stock, and they don't say who their affiliate is. They also mention that they have no idea when it will arrive from their "affiliate."