imagerunner 330/400 mailbox feature

Can anyone shed light on how to turn on the mailbox function on the
Canon ImageRunner 330/400 series? We're using a few of these machines
with the network printer board installed, but the documentation seems a
bit sparse.

The PCL driver shows the mailbox options, but the copier/printer itself
doesn't seem to have tne function enabled.

I've seen some suggestions that additional ram needs to be added in
addition to the default configuration. (To the printer board? To the
main board?) The user manual instructions lead to a menu option that's
disabled.

Thanks for any suggestions or info you can provide.
2 answers Last reply
More about imagerunner mailbox feature

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > In message <1116974891.494030.307950@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > usenet.filter@gmail.com writes
    > >Can anyone shed light on how to turn on the mailbox function on the
    > >Canon ImageRunner 330/400 series? We're using a few of these machines
    > >with the network printer board installed, but the documentation seems a
    > >bit sparse.
    > >
    > >The PCL driver shows the mailbox options, but the copier/printer itself
    > >doesn't seem to have tne function enabled.
    > >
    > >I've seen some suggestions that additional ram needs to be added in
    > >addition to the default configuration. (To the printer board? To the
    > >main board?) The user manual instructions lead to a menu option that's
    > >disabled.
    > >
    > >Thanks for any suggestions or info you can provide.
    >
    > It _might_ need a hard disk to do that sort of thing. My
    > (free-standing) RIP (probably from 1998/9) has a 2 gig hard drive I can
    > use to store jobs or if it was networked up to lots of computers could
    > be used to pile up a queue of jobs.
    >
    > Do you know which printer board it is?
    >
    > There are people on ebay selling disks of the service manuals, which
    > _MIGHT_ help. Alternatively, there is the expensive route of the canon
    > dealer!
    >
    > --
    > Timothy

    Thanks for the response Timothy.

    1) Yes, I have a service manual CD, from eBay. So far this hasn't
    helped very much since it doesn't seem to discuss the printer board.
    I'll double check to see if I overlooked anything.

    2) Both of our 330's came with hard drives installed (at least 2 gig,
    judging from the configuration page it prints.)

    3) To my knowledge there was only one printer board available for the
    330/400 series. The printed manual I have for the card is "Network
    Multi-PDL Printer Board-H1/Network Printer Board-K1", or iR H1/K1 for
    short. It supports both PCL and PostScript.

    The mailbox function is mentioned several times in the "Reference and
    Copying Manual" - the end-user guide. The language is unclear about
    the RAM requirements for the feature.

    In message <1116974891.494030.307950@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    usenet.filter@gmail.com writes
    >Can anyone shed light on how to turn on the mailbox function on the
    >Canon ImageRunner 330/400 series? We're using a few of these machines
    >with the network printer board installed, but the documentation seems a
    >bit sparse.
    >
    >The PCL driver shows the mailbox options, but the copier/printer itself
    >doesn't seem to have tne function enabled.
    >
    >I've seen some suggestions that additional ram needs to be added in
    >addition to the default configuration. (To the printer board? To the
    >main board?) The user manual instructions lead to a menu option that's
    >disabled.
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestions or info you can provide.

    It _might_ need a hard disk to do that sort of thing. My
    (free-standing) RIP (probably from 1998/9) has a 2 gig hard drive I can
    use to store jobs or if it was networked up to lots of computers could
    be used to pile up a queue of jobs.

    Do you know which printer board it is?

    There are people on ebay selling disks of the service manuals, which
    _MIGHT_ help. Alternatively, there is the expensive route of the canon
    dealer!

    --
    Timothy

Printers Network Printer Peripherals