Restrict access of a user to certain web sites

blaine

In server 2000 I need to know if there is a way to
restrict one user access to specific web sites? (i.e.
user A would not be able to go to www.abcde.com) I want
to do this on the server not on the workstation as we
have floating stations and would have to do that on all
workstations.

"Blaine" <blainer@arborcap.net> wrote in message
> In server 2000 I need to know if there is a way to
> restrict one user access to specific web sites? (i.e.
> user A would not be able to go to www.abcde.com) I want
> to do this on the server not on the workstation as we
> have floating stations and would have to do that on all
> workstations.

You will need a Proxy server of some kind. Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 would
be a good choice..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=253131&product=prs

Cameron:)