Restrict access of a user to certain web sites

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 29, 2004 11:28:36 PM

In server 2000 I need to know if there is a way to
restrict one user access to specific web sites? (i.e.
user A would not be able to go to www.abcde.com) I want
to do this on the server not on the workstation as we
have floating stations and would have to do that on all
workstations.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 4:53:56 PM

"Blaine" <blainer@arborcap.net> wrote in message
> In server 2000 I need to know if there is a way to
> restrict one user access to specific web sites? (i.e.
> user A would not be able to go to www.abcde.com) I want
> to do this on the server not on the workstation as we
> have floating stations and would have to do that on all
> workstations.

You will need a Proxy server of some kind. Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 would
be a good choice..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=253131&p...

Cameron:-)
!