Overclockers, Big Contest Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stabgotham

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Look no further then the guys over at XtremeSystems.com. These are the guys who took the P4 past 8.0GHz and recently broke a Skulltrail system at 6.0GHz. Those guys are incredible.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Hey, what about a mini-contest for a few lucky (regular users) spectators to win a trip as well to be part of the fun! I'd love to go and observe, though I know my o/c skills aren't the cream of the crop.

remcokatz

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Discrimination :(

Now overclock team holland (www.coolclocks.nl) can't join because it's USA only! Any chance this could be changed?

randomizer

Champion
If I had the money to upgrade all the time, I'd try some ridiculous voltages on air. My E6600 deserves 1.9V+ for it's loyal lack of service. I'd like to try some dice or LN2, but I'd probably kill myself or someone else.

@TSIMonster: Thou hast mentioned the forbidden name! :kaola:

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I was in the Gigabyte Over Clocking contest and was in second place on Air until the last hour and people jumped in with LN2 and knocked me down to 7th. I had my Q6600 @ 4.17Ghz on air.

pschmid

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
@remcokatz:
I encourage you to send your application to the email linked in the article. Although we haven't validated other contest opportunities, we will be happy to consider applications in other countries with BestofMedia representation.

Thank you,
Patrick

Patrick Schmid
Director of Content Operations

BESTOFMEDIA Publishing Group
www.bestofmedia.com, www.tomshardware.com

G

Are participants allowed to bring any of their own hardware or is it a contest where everyone is provided the same thing and the best scores win? Are vmods permitted?

G

Look at the people at OverClock.net, they have some sick stuff going down also

pschmid

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
We are finalizing the schedule at this point.
Tom's provides all the hardware, but all types of mods are allowed.

Best,
Patrick

SuAsDu

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
Patrick,

That is awesome to hear. I understand you are finalizing the schedule, have the contestants already been selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.