Sign in with
Your question

Is it still possible to try Win 7 for a trial?

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
November 11, 2009 8:09:42 PM

I unfortunately missed out on the RC. Can I still get some sort of Win7 trial?

More about : win trial

November 11, 2009 9:06:05 PM

tesseract08 said:
I unfortunately missed out on the RC. Can I still get some sort of Win7 trial?

Yes, get a DVD, or an ISO from a friend and install it, it will run for 30 days without a key, can't comment on the legality of that though. I would also recommend one of the Linux distros.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 11, 2009 9:24:12 PM

Legally speaking, borrowing a Windows DVD from a friend to install from isn't allowed, even though you aren't intending to use a hacked or "borrowed" serial to activate this copy (which would REALLY make it illegal).
Related resources
November 11, 2009 9:34:16 PM

The_Prophecy said:
Legally speaking, borrowing a Windows DVD from a friend to install from isn't allowed, even though you aren't intending to use a hacked or "borrowed" serial to activate this copy (which would REALLY make it illegal).
I stand corrected, however I don't really agree with half of the stipulations in EULAs anyway. I'm fairly sure MS had trial DVDs online for Vista, you might want to check that out as well.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 11, 2009 11:20:52 PM

I don't really agree with this either, but Microsoft only cares about this, because you don't get completely locked out of your computer after the 30 day grace period to activate the copy of Windows. The only thing that happens is it becomes more inconvenient to use your computer, due to the delay in logging in and occasional nag dialog asking you to buy a license.
!