Win2000 server hangs

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hi,

Every time a user tries to modify security on a file or directory, the
server hangs and I have to power cycle it to get it back up.
By modify security I mean, trying to add a domain user with privileges
to a local directory on my workstation.

The server is running SP4.
The only event in the logs that seems to relate is a timeout on the
KDC service.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.
Dave

xionblue@yahoo.com (Dave) wrote in message news:<c1594afd.0405031045.19428d33@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> Every time a user tries to modify security on a file or directory, the
> server hangs and I have to power cycle it to get it back up.
> By modify security I mean, trying to add a domain user with privileges
> to a local directory on my workstation.
>
> The server is running SP4.
> The only event in the logs that seems to relate is a timeout on the
> KDC service.

That is a Kerberos message.

Where is the nearest Domain Controller? Global Catalog? Is your
workstation a member of the Domain? In the AD?

If your server is a DC, it looks like there might be a problem with
the KDC service. Is it running?

--
Matt Hickman
Radical and conservative are terms for emotional attitudes, not