ms cluster service: unplugging one public network cable

Hello,

I`ve a problem with the cluster service of win2000. I configured a
privated and a public network interface on both of the cluster
servers. When I pull one public cable out, the orther (connected)
server doesn't take over the services . Is it possible when i unplug
the public cable, the other server takes over the services.

Asit

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i dont believe that will cause a failover. if you unplug the primary from
the network it will failover. is this productive?

"Asit van der Heijden" <asit@autec-europe.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I`ve a problem with the cluster service of win2000. I configured a
> privated and a public network interface on both of the cluster
> servers. When I pull one public cable out, the orther (connected)
> server doesn't take over the services . Is it possible when i unplug
> the public cable, the other server takes over the services.
>
> Asit

Hi,
When I unplug the public cable of the primary server, the other server
which is still connected, doesn't take over the services.