Reality check on Conroe availability

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Everyone is having a heart attack today, all p*ssy cause they can't get their eager little hands on the new Intel wonder-chip. Paper-launch is the buzz-word today. I've posted this quote from Anandtech in a few threads over the last few weeks, but it seems that nobody wanted/wants to acknowledge these dates. It's like everyone is suffering from a bad case of blue-balls today, but don't curse Intel into the ground.....yet. Read this blurb, and realize that all is not lost.

Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August. Each OEM has their own product introduction / transition cycles based upon their target market segment and current product offerings. We expect some to offer product in August with more introductions extending through September. Check with the OEMs of your choice to get their specific message on system availability.

From what Intel is telling us, you shouldn't be able to so much as purchase Core 2 processors until after the first week in August, although you'll be able to get complete systems before then. At the same time, we're hearing that distributors already have some Core 2 parts in stock and will begin shipping very soon. While we tend to believe Intel's assessment of availability, we're hoping it's conservative.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=19

Chill,people, chill. :wink:

Totty

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2005
This isnt a Core 2 paper launch ... they are out there in limited quantaties. A month to get up to full stock is pretty standard.

AMD are no better ... they claimed lower power X2s would be here by the 24th ... nothing ... thats a paper launch :lol:

thecolonel2323

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004
Most of the people who will be buying today and in the next few weeks should wait. I am still kicking around on a p4 2.6c and it is just now beginning to show its age (for what I do). I was interested in core 2 until Intel moved up the launch of their quad cores to only a matter of months from now. Because of that i have no problem waiting for their release and seeing what is available at that time.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
E6300 for $219 and in stock...
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80858

If you want one yes I think you can get one... and the ones biathcing have not and probably are not going to order one, yet they click and post BS without actually attempting to buy one...
Yeah, there are some in the channel, but not to the extent that most had hoped. No, Intel shouldn't have thrown the 27th out there as if it was the day, but Anandtech, and Techreport both published that Intel said August 7th.

Pretty much word for word what Anandtech wrote.

Intel says complete PC systems based on the Core 2 Extreme X6800 and individually boxed products will both begin selling on July 27th, while Core 2 Duo processors with 4MB of L2 cache should show up on August 7th.

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/core2/index.x?pg=1

mark8987

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
Mate, there are E6600, E6400, E6300 and E6700 IN STOCK at Tigerdirect - and at reasonable prices. What do you mean they aren't available??

Stop making stuff up.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
in the UK, the E6300, E6700 and X6800 are available now.

System builders generally have all of the above plus the E6400, with the exception of the E6600.

Weeble

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
People have hyped themselves into a frenzy, not really helped by the AMD fanatics being at war with their 'sworn' enemies all over the forum and people posting 'GO CONROE' to every thread posted about building a PC for weeks on end.

People now act as if they don't get their Conroe today the world will end. They won't have actually read what you posted before and the likelihood is they won't read it now..it simply doesn't say what they want it to.

If people -have- to have a CPU as badly as some of those posting here appear to need it then they must be living on silicon rather than food.

The people who are the oddest are the ones moaning about price on what is available in one breath and that they have to have it RIGHT NOW in another..then pay for it and leave everyone else who is more sensible to await delivery and stock like this is real life not CPU or death.

chewbenator

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Tigerdirect have all of them instock. Zipzoomfly has E6300 in stock, and more models on the way tommarrow. Newegg has the X6800 ableit at Extreme prices. BLT starting shipping and billind poeple for X6800 and E6400.

Thats all I have for now, but the reality check is that you need to look around.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Yep the E6600 is definitely in stock at Tiger Direct, I just bought one and sent it next day air. I ordered all my other parts from Newegg, I got the Asus P5W DH Deluxe and some DDR2 800 C 4-4-4-12, sound like a winner?

So tomorrow I'll let you all know how Core 2 Duo gaming is...

:D

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Everyone's buying Conroe systems and I can't. This is depressing.

So I guess you'd be depressed if everybody was jumping off a bridge and you weren't jumping? :tongue:No....because jumping off a bridge isn't kewl. Stop using parenting tactics. :wink:

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
I hardly could compare the two. Jumping off a bridge is self destructive, while buying a Conroe is well, NOT!

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
The official LAUNCH is at 11:300am PST....

Many of the retailers will wait to release until then accomodating Intels request.
"I Think" you will see better availability shortly... Just hang on guys.

When working for a computer retailer (a long time ago) they were not ALLOWED to release M$OFT products until M$OFT said we could... We had them for weeks in the warehouse but were not able to release until 12:01am the day of the launch. Other places were selling them days before the actual launch and were not asked back for the following releases.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Busey,

The reason you can not afford it, is because you are a washed up drunk actor, that drank all profits from every movie you ever made :)