Sign in with
Your question

Reality check on Conroe availability

Last response: in CPUs
July 27, 2006 2:31:41 PM

Everyone is having a heart attack today, all p*ssy cause they can't get their eager little hands on the new Intel wonder-chip. Paper-launch is the buzz-word today. I've posted this quote from Anandtech in a few threads over the last few weeks, but it seems that nobody wanted/wants to acknowledge these dates. It's like everyone is suffering from a bad case of blue-balls today, but don't curse Intel into the ground.....yet. Read this blurb, and realize that all is not lost.

Quote:
Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August. Each OEM has their own product introduction / transition cycles based upon their target market segment and current product offerings. We expect some to offer product in August with more introductions extending through September. Check with the OEMs of your choice to get their specific message on system availability.

From what Intel is telling us, you shouldn't be able to so much as purchase Core 2 processors until after the first week in August, although you'll be able to get complete systems before then. At the same time, we're hearing that distributors already have some Core 2 parts in stock and will begin shipping very soon. While we tend to believe Intel's assessment of availability, we're hoping it's conservative.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=279...

Chill,people, chill. :wink:
July 27, 2006 3:07:15 PM

There are some out there to be had you just have to look. You might not get the model you want and will have to pay a premium.
Related resources
July 27, 2006 3:12:43 PM

This isnt a Core 2 paper launch ... they are out there in limited quantaties. A month to get up to full stock is pretty standard.

AMD are no better ... they claimed lower power X2s would be here by the 24th ... nothing ... thats a paper launch :lol: 
July 27, 2006 3:12:50 PM

Most of the people who will be buying today and in the next few weeks should wait. I am still kicking around on a p4 2.6c and it is just now beginning to show its age (for what I do). I was interested in core 2 until Intel moved up the launch of their quad cores to only a matter of months from now. Because of that i have no problem waiting for their release and seeing what is available at that time.
July 27, 2006 3:14:39 PM

That's why I will build my Conroe system AFTER summer. Besides, not many Conroe MB are available.
July 27, 2006 3:15:52 PM

yes, and the ones that are are rather pricey.
July 27, 2006 3:26:42 PM

Quote:
E6300 for $219 and in stock...
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...

If you want one yes I think you can get one... and the ones biathcing have not and probably are not going to order one, yet they click and post BS without actually attempting to buy one...
Yeah, there are some in the channel, but not to the extent that most had hoped. No, Intel shouldn't have thrown the 27th out there as if it was the day, but Anandtech, and Techreport both published that Intel said August 7th.

Pretty much word for word what Anandtech wrote.

Quote:
Intel says complete PC systems based on the Core 2 Extreme X6800 and individually boxed products will both begin selling on July 27th, while Core 2 Duo processors with 4MB of L2 cache should show up on August 7th.

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/core2/index.x?...
July 27, 2006 3:51:19 PM

Mate, there are E6600, E6400, E6300 and E6700 IN STOCK at Tigerdirect - and at reasonable prices. What do you mean they aren't available??

Stop making stuff up.
July 27, 2006 3:57:14 PM

in the UK, the E6300, E6700 and X6800 are available now.

System builders generally have all of the above plus the E6400, with the exception of the E6600.
July 27, 2006 4:04:50 PM

People have hyped themselves into a frenzy, not really helped by the AMD fanatics being at war with their 'sworn' enemies all over the forum and people posting 'GO CONROE' to every thread posted about building a PC for weeks on end.

People now act as if they don't get their Conroe today the world will end. They won't have actually read what you posted before and the likelihood is they won't read it now..it simply doesn't say what they want it to.

If people -have- to have a CPU as badly as some of those posting here appear to need it then they must be living on silicon rather than food.

The people who are the oddest are the ones moaning about price on what is available in one breath and that they have to have it RIGHT NOW in another..then pay for it and leave everyone else who is more sensible to await delivery and stock like this is real life not CPU or death.
July 27, 2006 4:12:50 PM

Tigerdirect have all of them instock. Zipzoomfly has E6300 in stock, and more models on the way tommarrow. Newegg has the X6800 ableit at Extreme prices. BLT starting shipping and billind poeple for X6800 and E6400.

Thats all I have for now, but the reality check is that you need to look around.
July 27, 2006 4:25:56 PM

What the--? Where are you finding the TigerDirect ones in stock?
July 27, 2006 4:27:14 PM

Corection...Just found them...They must've been posted like...10 min ago or something ridiculous
July 27, 2006 4:31:34 PM

Yep the E6600 is definitely in stock at Tiger Direct, I just bought one and sent it next day air. I ordered all my other parts from Newegg, I got the Asus P5W DH Deluxe and some DDR2 800 C 4-4-4-12, sound like a winner?

So tomorrow I'll let you all know how Core 2 Duo gaming is...

:D 
July 27, 2006 4:33:56 PM

Quote:
Mate, there are E6600, E6400, E6300 and E6700 IN STOCK at Tigerdirect - and at reasonable prices. What do you mean they aren't available??

Stop making stuff up.
If you're talking to me, what stuff am i making up?
July 27, 2006 4:41:13 PM

Hey Agent yeah I just did the same thing sweeeet...onyl I got 2nd day. Im ordering the rest form new Egg as well including the same Mobo.
July 27, 2006 4:44:03 PM

Everyone's buying Conroe systems and I can't. This is depressing.
July 27, 2006 4:52:59 PM

Quote:

So I guess you'd be depressed if everybody was jumping off a bridge and you weren't jumping? :tongue:
July 27, 2006 4:56:04 PM

Quote:

So I guess you'd be depressed if everybody was jumping off a bridge and you weren't jumping? :tongue:No....because jumping off a bridge isn't kewl. Stop using parenting tactics. :wink:
July 27, 2006 4:59:59 PM

Quote:
yes, and the ones that are are rather pricey.

Pricey AND crappy ...
July 27, 2006 5:00:26 PM

I hardly could compare the two. Jumping off a bridge is self destructive, while buying a Conroe is well, NOT!
July 27, 2006 5:00:43 PM

The official LAUNCH is at 11:300am PST....

Many of the retailers will wait to release until then accomodating Intels request.
"I Think" you will see better availability shortly... Just hang on guys.

When working for a computer retailer (a long time ago) they were not ALLOWED to release M$OFT products until M$OFT said we could... We had them for weeks in the warehouse but were not able to release until 12:01am the day of the launch. Other places were selling them days before the actual launch and were not asked back for the following releases.
July 27, 2006 5:02:41 PM

Quote:

So tomorrow I'll let you all know how Core 2 Duo gaming is...

:D 

Screw gaming I want to know how well the retail chips OC relative to the ES chips.
July 27, 2006 5:03:18 PM

Busey,

The reason you can not afford it, is because you are a washed up drunk actor, that drank all profits from every movie you ever made :) 
July 27, 2006 5:04:36 PM

Quote:
Busey,

The reason you can not afford it is because you are a washed up drunk actor that drank all profits from every movie you ever made :) 

And also because meth and hookers are expensive.
July 27, 2006 5:05:19 PM

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 
July 27, 2006 5:05:23 PM

Quote:
Everyone is having a heart attack today, all p*ssy cause they can't get their eager little hands on the new Intel wonder-chip. Paper-launch is the buzz-word today. I've posted this quote from Anandtech in a few threads over the last few weeks, but it seems that nobody wanted/wants to acknowledge these dates. It's like everyone is suffering from a bad case of blue-balls today, but don't curse Intel into the ground.....yet. Read this blurb, and realize that all is not lost.

Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August. Each OEM has their own product introduction / transition cycles based upon their target market segment and current product offerings. We expect some to offer product in August with more introductions extending through September. Check with the OEMs of your choice to get their specific message on system availability.

From what Intel is telling us, you shouldn't be able to so much as purchase Core 2 processors until after the first week in August, although you'll be able to get complete systems before then. At the same time, we're hearing that distributors already have some Core 2 parts in stock and will begin shipping very soon. While we tend to believe Intel's assessment of availability, we're hoping it's conservative.

Well,at least you guys have something to do.
:oops: 

I remember telling people you wouldn't see them in retail for at least a few weeks. depending on demand you may have to preorder and wait a month.
July 27, 2006 5:11:43 PM

Another DA comment... People posting including Crashman are getting them tomorrow and soon after... That is as hard a lauch as it comes, sock puppet.
July 27, 2006 5:12:24 PM

Besides... Where are those X2-5000's that were actually paper launched?
July 27, 2006 5:17:00 PM

The Baron "Speaks"

and

Nobody listens.

Sorry had too... :) 

Actually RichPLS "I think" what he means is Brick and Mortar stores (correct me if i am wrong). This being the traditional RETAILERS vs ETAILERS.

He actually made a sound comment "I Think".

Etailers are a wholy different approach. I think if you were to call CompUsa today they would not know what you were talking about. Mine does'nt.

No I do not work for CompUsa! :) 
July 27, 2006 5:22:50 PM

whats that again about a paper launch?

btw ships august 7th "early august" as Intel stated.

Quote:

July 27, 2006 5:27:55 PM

Quote:

whats that again about a paper launch?

btw ships august 7th "early august" as Intel stated.

Chill,people, chill. :wink: I didn't say it was a paper launch. I said that that was the buzz-word earlier.
July 27, 2006 6:12:32 PM

Quote:

Stop making stuff up.

Really....are you sure it doesn't say ships in 7-10 days, because thats what it says...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

:roll:
July 27, 2006 6:17:58 PM

Quote:

Stop making stuff up.

Really....are you sure it doesn't say ships in 7-10 days, because thats what it says...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

:roll:

You're wrong, they say 7-10 days NOW b/c they sold out their stock... the E6300 and E6400's are still available at tigerdirect. I myself ordered an E6700 a few hours ago, and it's shipping today. So they DID have them, they just sold out in like 2 hours.
July 27, 2006 6:21:43 PM

Quote:
This isnt a Core 2 paper launch ... they are out there in limited quantaties. A month to get up to full stock is pretty standard.

AMD are no better ... they claimed lower power X2s would be here by the 24th ... nothing ... thats a paper launch :lol: 

The problem is the same and I expected it. System builders are taking all the prime chips right now after so long with HeatBurst. There are only 5000+ going out in systems for at least a few months.

Core 2 won't be in any real volume before September. You'd be better off buying a barebones system.
July 27, 2006 6:45:31 PM

Some Core 2 Duo models are available

AMD also had some supply issues when they launched AM2.

If AMD has supply issues it's HIGH DEMAND.

BUT if Intel has supply issues it's a paper launch?
July 27, 2006 9:35:59 PM

Quote:
Right on Tanker, I think all these people are getting fooled. Official Intel announcement says "Early August"

Shipments of all Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors has already begun, Intel confirmed today. Availability for the desktop series is expected "in early August," with the mobile series "at the end of August," according to an Intel statement received by TG Daily moments ago.

As I said in another thread, what's it to you? You're not even interested in buying a Core2. Go bake a pie.
July 27, 2006 9:46:06 PM

people have already reported to have their processor being shipped to them as i'm typing this.

I think you guys are like brain washed zombies programmed by corporate america in order to give a rats ass.

Let people just be happy and shut up!

Quote:
Right on Tanker, I think all these people are getting fooled. Official Intel announcement says "Early August"

Shipments of all Core 2 Duo and Extreme processors has already begun, Intel confirmed today. Availability for the desktop series is expected "in early August," with the mobile series "at the end of August," according to an Intel statement received by TG Daily moments ago.
July 27, 2006 10:35:20 PM

Quote:
people have already reported to have their processor being shipped to them as i'm typing this.

I think you guys are like brain washed zombies programmed by corporate america in order to give a rats ass.

Let people just be happy and shut up!

Listen, when i created this thread, almost none were to be found, and everyone was creating threads complaining about it. The intention of my thread was not to say they wouldn't be available, but, if they aren't it was announced on Anandtech, and Techreport. As it stands now, lots of people got one which is great, and i'm happy/jealous for them. I wasn't being Anti-Intel, or ragging on Intel. I just presented it in a thread because when i posted it in 2 other threads, nobody even acknowledged it, so i figured that by making a thread out of it, more people would be aware of this possibility. If i could delete this thread now, i would, but it gathered alot of posts, so i can't, and it did bring out some interesting posts as well. :wink:
July 27, 2006 10:53:42 PM

Quote:

Well,at least you guys have something to do.
:oops: 

I remember telling people you wouldn't see them in retail for at least a few weeks. depending on demand you may have to preorder and wait a month.

Once again BaronMalox, You are f**ing WRONG

My RETAIL E6600 shipped from the RETAILER I ordered it from today. At retail price.
July 27, 2006 11:03:51 PM

Quote:

My RETAIL E6600 shipped from the RETAILER I ordered it from today. At retail price.

$316? Who? really?

Edit: I thought tigerdirect was only selling oems at a not very retail price...
July 27, 2006 11:19:56 PM

Quote:

$316? Who? really?

Edit: I thought tigerdirect was only selling oems at a not very retail price...

$316 is not the retail price. $316 is the wholesale price for a bin of 1000 chips. Average mark up was expected to place retail prices at $349-$350 for the E6600

Peace
July 27, 2006 11:33:47 PM

Quote:
Busey,

The reason you can not afford it is because you are a washed up drunk actor that drank all profits from every movie you ever made :) 

And also because meth and hookers are expensive.

Holy visions of Prodigy's "Smack my bitch up" Batman !!! lol Anyway to add to this thread this isnt a paper launch and anyone who thought that getting on the day of is either crazy or got lucky and ordered right away lol (although some still are out there from what I see so thats just simply awesome !) I will wait for the dust to settle a little :)  a week or two lol I think my 805 will hold out that long before it melts lol
July 27, 2006 11:34:21 PM

Then $339 at zipzoomfly must be a bargin... You did get it from tigerdirect correct? I wouldn't call paying $359 for an oem a retail price...

BTW I was being sarcastic about it being $319 and it being "retail"
July 28, 2006 12:12:19 AM

Quote:
Then $339 at zipzoomfly must be a bargin... You did get it from tigerdirect correct? I wouldn't call paying $359 for an oem a retail price...

BTW I was being sarcastic about it being $319 and it being "retail"

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm.

Yes, I did get it from TD. I normally care much for them, contrary to their advertising, they do not have "..the lowest prices, garunteed'', but I was in a rush to get to work and didnt have time to wait for Zipzoom, so I paid the extra $10 bucks

Peace
July 28, 2006 1:47:03 AM

oh no, im glad im not buying a conroe since i cant get one anyway. If i had the money i would though. Dang it
July 28, 2006 2:34:00 AM

Quote:
Tigerdirect have all of them instock. Zipzoomfly has E6300 in stock, and more models on the way tommarrow. Newegg has the X6800 ableit at Extreme prices. BLT starting shipping and billind poeple for X6800 and E6400.

Thats all I have for now, but the reality check is that you need to look around.

No one has them in stock. They are all backordered. For instance, Zipzoomfly won't ship the E6300 until it arrives on August 7th. Tigerdirect clearly states their processors won't ship for a minimum of a week after purchase. Newegg is out of stock.
July 28, 2006 2:37:30 AM

Now they are out of stock, but they did have and ship quite a few out today. Half a dozen or so today reported they had tracking numbers on thier shipments, with a few to arrive tomorrow.
July 28, 2006 3:27:06 AM

I concur

Quote:
Now they are out of stock, but they did have and ship quite a few out today. Half a dozen or so today reported they had tracking numbers on thier shipments, with a few to arrive tomorrow.
!