taunting, theiving, and saving (the game, and the world...)

Well, I'm back. I put the damn game down for about two whole months this
time before I came back. Damn monkey on my back, it is...

Anyway, I have an appeal or two to the wisdom of the group.

First of all, being a thief rocks my ass off...

Second, I love this freakin' game. I've beaten the Main Quest and played
many other chars, but until yesterday I had never fully explored Sadrith
Mora. When I found the Telvanni Council Seat (and the main room!) I had the
same sensation I had when I was first starting out: Jesus! Look at THAT!

Third, other than building a custom Frenzy spell (my char hates magic except
for spells that buff him up) or getting a high enough Personality and
Speechcraft to taunt all the time (I hate using the Persuasion exploit), is
there any way to kill regular folk that won't have me running away from
every other character I ever meet? I'm not totally married to my reputation
being high, (except that I just realized if it's really low I'll spend a lot
more money on stuff, even with a high Mercantile) but I don't want to have
to fight my way out of a town every time some yahoo is between me and a
really promising chest... What if someone is alone in a room or house? Can I
attack them then? (I learned the hard way that you can't steal stuff in
front of Telvanni slaves without them reporting you...fight the power,
slaves! Jesus!) blah blah blah...

Fourth, being a thief rocks the most ass ever.

Fifth of all, why does my game crash when I reload the same quicksave
several times in five minutes? Trying to steal in front of that slave was
full of trial and error, (I normally don't do that, but I wanted to steal
something without getting kicked from the House... :) ) and after the fifth
reload, my game just pooped to desktop (good new acronym: PTD).

And Sixth. GOD I hate Cliff Racers!

In article <eBj3d.1950$qA6.831@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
MunkyNorth@literotica.org says...
> there any way to kill regular folk that won't have me running away from
> every other character I ever meet? I'm not totally married to my reputation

I have managed to complete all of the morag tang killings without
using a single writ or getting any penalty. My technique is:
chameleon, sneak, pull back on my big-bad hammer for a while, SMASH.
They go down in a single blow, and even those folks standing nearby
don't even realize what happened.

> Fifth of all, why does my game crash when I reload the same quicksave
> several times in five minutes? Trying to steal in front of that slave was

The game crashes a lot period. I suspect that there are memory leaks.
Remember, F5 is your friend. In your case, you are using F5 / F9 but
perhaps you need to exit on occasion to clear out the memory load.

> And Sixth. GOD I hate Cliff Racers!

But they are good for souls to sell, and for half of a levitate spell.
Get your character a good bow and kill them off at a distance.

--
R. Dale Shipp
dale@_delete_this_min.net

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:33:20 -0400, R. Dale Shipp
<dale@_delete_min.net> wrote:

>In article <eBj3d.1950$qA6.831@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
>MunkyNorth@literotica.org says...

>> And Sixth. GOD I hate Cliff Racers!
>
> But they are good for souls to sell, and for half of a levitate spell.
>Get your character a good bow and kill them off at a distance.

Better yet, get a decent spear and buff up your Endurance.
--
Nyctolops

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:45:46 GMT, Munky Boy <MunkyNorth@literotica.org>
wrote:

> First of all, being a thief rocks my ass off...

Oh yes. I recommend you install the "Havish" mod. It features its own
Guild of Thieves which has much better quests than the original game.
And it is the first faction ever to pay their members a kind of salary!
The "Haldenshore" mod has quests of similar quality.

> Second, I love this freakin' game. I've beaten the Main Quest and played
> many other chars, but until yesterday I had never fully explored Sadrith
> Mora. When I found the Telvanni Council Seat (and the main room!) I had
> the same sensation I had when I was first starting out: Jesus!
> Look at THAT!

Again, get the "Havish" mod. I've seen eyecandy there that I would never
have considered possible in Morrowind. Another good mod is "Beyond
Ysgramor".
It is not as innovative as "Havish" but those dungeons are incredible.

> And Sixth. GOD I hate Cliff Racers!

Tame them. You need to be playing on a PC, though. Open the TESCS and
change
their attack value to something like 70. I did that with most other animals
as well. I couldn't stand those suicidal wildlife anymore. Now I enjoy
watching guars graze. They can be really cute when they aren't trying to
eat you.

Bjoern

MERLIN

"Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> skrev i en meddelelse
> Well, I'm back. I put the damn game down for about two whole months this
> time before I came back. Damn monkey on my back, it is...
>
> Anyway, I have an appeal or two to the wisdom of the group.
>
> First of all, being a thief rocks my ass off...
>
> Second, I love this freakin' game. I've beaten the Main Quest and played
> many other chars, but until yesterday I had never fully explored Sadrith
> Mora. When I found the Telvanni Council Seat (and the main room!) I had
the
> same sensation I had when I was first starting out: Jesus! Look at THAT!
>
> Third, other than building a custom Frenzy spell (my char hates magic
except
> for spells that buff him up) or getting a high enough Personality and
> Speechcraft to taunt all the time (I hate using the Persuasion exploit),
is
> there any way to kill regular folk that won't have me running away from
> every other character I ever meet? I'm not totally married to my
reputation
> being high, (except that I just realized if it's really low I'll spend a
lot
> more money on stuff, even with a high Mercantile) but I don't want to
have
> to fight my way out of a town every time some yahoo is between me and a
> really promising chest... What if someone is alone in a room or house?
Can I
> attack them then? (I learned the hard way that you can't steal stuff in
> front of Telvanni slaves without them reporting you...fight the power,
> slaves! Jesus!) blah blah blah...
>
> Fourth, being a thief rocks the most ass ever.
>
> Fifth of all, why does my game crash when I reload the same quicksave
> several times in five minutes? Trying to steal in front of that slave
was
> full of trial and error, (I normally don't do that, but I wanted to
steal
> something without getting kicked from the House... :) ) and after the
fifth
> reload, my game just pooped to desktop (good new acronym: PTD).
>
> And Sixth. GOD I hate Cliff Racers!

when you just reload without leaving the game you fill the same memory
with a new instance of the game, but the reload process require memory
usage too and perhaps this stacks, until you run out of memory

merlin