how many times have you managed to refill the HP 45 and 78..

Since I got 940c about 3 years ago, I'm on my third 78. THe first one
that came originally lasted (IIRC) 6 refills before I had to buy a new
one. The second one was a little dissapointing at 3 and my current
cart is running off refill #4 and still looking good.

940c does not use 45 but it uses 15 which is virtually identical to 45
except for resolution. I've gotten one to last 11 refills and it was
rattling loudly when I dropped it off to be recycled. (free ream of
paper from Office Depot from used ink cart and toner)

YMMV, depends on how often you use the printer, the quality of ink
used, if it was refilled before it goes empty or not, and if you do
anything to clean the head in between refills. Letting printer run
while it's out of ink can cause stubborn clog and eventually burn the
nozzles out so refilling it before it goes empty helps a lot.

Dan G wrote:
> 2-4 times for 78s
> 3-8 times for 45s

9 times for 45
4 times for 78
-------------
AND They are still going without any nozzle failure! :)

But are all the Hp carts so resistant?
These new 94,95 cats?

g_greek wrote:
> ?
45s average about 4 to 6 refills, record refill was 9 times.
78s average 3 to 4 refills, record refill was 6 times.

tomcas wrote:

> 45s average about 4 to 6 refills, record refill was 9 times.
> 78s average 3 to 4 refills, record refill was 6 times.

But when a cart arrives at the end what type of "collateral FX" you see?

Frosty

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2003

Usually 4, max 5. What worked for me was to refill before it went empty.
However, HP are history as far as I am concerned.

--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.

steveb

Distinguished
May 11, 2003

My photo prints looked blurred when my 78 was taken 1 refill too far (5).

On the other hand the more recent 57 cartridge just went off-colour, greys
went quite green, but the resolution was still OK, but that was after about
12 refills before it got bad, not sure when it first started but I'm fairly
sure there were no discolourations at 9 or 10 refills.

"g_greek" <g_greek@macloaded.gr> wrote in message
> tomcas wrote:
>
>> 45s average about 4 to 6 refills, record refill was 9 times.
>> 78s average 3 to 4 refills, record refill was 6 times.
>
> But when a cart arrives at the end what type of "collateral FX" you see?

Am very curious to see how many times i'll refill my 45 (now 10) :)
And just bought a PSC 1610.Hope that 94 95 carts are like 56 57! ;)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 07:21:05 GMT, g_greek <g_greek@macloaded.gr>
wrote:

>But when a cart arrives at the end what type of "collateral FX" you see?

Usually streaks or missing ink that won't clear up even with repeated
cleaning. If the printout starts looking bad well before the expected
refill time, it's usually a sign the cart needs to be replced not
refilled.

TRENDING THREADS