gotta call for new VOIP service, e911

Gota call from an internet (ISP) company that
promises TRUE Enhanced 911 (you say nada but your address
shows on your local responder's console)
AND
16 hours of phone service in the event of a power blackout.

This is the first time I have heard of these two promises.

"Rick Merrill" <rick0.merrill@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Gota call from an internet (ISP) company that
> promises TRUE Enhanced 911 (you say nada but your address
> shows on your local responder's console)
> AND
> 16 hours of phone service in the event of a power blackout.
>
> This is the first time I have heard of these two promises.

How could a VOIP provider promise phone service during a blackout if they
didn't also own and operate your internet service provider? The last
blackout we had was due to a downed tree that took out all the utilities -
cable, phone, and electric. Even the phone company could provide E911 under
those circumstances.

Vox Humana wrote:

> "Rick Merrill" <rick0.merrill@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Gota call from an internet (ISP) company that
>>promises TRUE Enhanced 911 (you say nada but your address
>>shows on your local responder's console)
>>AND
>>16 hours of phone service in the event of a power blackout.
>>
>>This is the first time I have heard of these two promises.
>>

> How could a VOIP provider promise phone service during a blackout if they
> didn't also own and operate your internet service provider?

An ISP IS an internet provider.

> The last
> blackout we had was due to a downed tree that took out all the utilities -
> cable, phone, and electric. Even the phone company could provide E911 under
> those circumstances.

I think you omitted the word "not".