Local Sam Migration.

I've got a client who has been using a server in workgroup mode and has
about 100 users created on it. Does anyone know of a solution that would
allow me to export or dump the local sam on this Adv win2k box and then
script or automate or convert that dump into a format I could use to import
those accounts into a 2003 Active Directory? I know I can dump the local sam
with addusers and import users CSVDE. Has anyone created a tool that would
convert the adduser dump into the proper format for CSVDE or perhaps some
other solution? Thanks.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com
1 answer Last reply
More about local migration

    On Wed, 5 May 2004 22:50:29 -0400, "Peter Stoughton"
    <pstoughton@mortgageresultscorp.com> wrote:

    >I've got a client who has been using a server in workgroup mode and has
    >about 100 users created on it. Does anyone know of a solution that would
    >allow me to export or dump the local sam on this Adv win2k box and then
    >script or automate or convert that dump into a format I could use to import
    >those accounts into a 2003 Active Directory? I know I can dump the local sam
    >with addusers and import users CSVDE. Has anyone created a tool that would
    >convert the adduser dump into the proper format for CSVDE or perhaps some
    >other solution? Thanks.

    You can import the addusers dump to the DC by running addusers on the DC.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com