Windows 2000 Server Advanced Installation

I try to install the above and would like to setup the
server as a primary domain controller (PDC). The server
will not be connected to an existing network. My
intention is to use this server to distribute ghost
images to clients that are connected via a switch to this
server.
The problem I encounter is that I cannot install Active
Directory because the DNS Server cannot be contacted.

Many thanks,
Jurgen
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 server advanced installation

    On Thu, 6 May 2004 06:22:02 -0700, "Jurgen Hemme" <jurgen.hemme@eds.com> wrote:

    >I try to install the above and would like to setup the
    >server as a primary domain controller (PDC). The server
    >will not be connected to an existing network. My
    >intention is to use this server to distribute ghost
    >images to clients that are connected via a switch to this
    >server.
    >The problem I encounter is that I cannot install Active
    >Directory because the DNS Server cannot be contacted.
    >
    >Many thanks,
    >Jurgen

    First install the Microsoft Loopback Connector. Use tip 2698 in the 'Tips &
    Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com as a guide.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

Windows 2000 Domain Controller Servers Windows