Okay, what?

I'm in Balmora. Again. Starting a new game. Again. With a thief character.
Again.

And I'm finally going to ask something that's been bugging me the whole
time: How the hell are you supposed to get the Nerano Manor key (2nd Balmora
Thieves Guild mission) with the sneak skills you have in the early game, and
without having to figure out some insanely complicated way of killing every
single Camonna Tong member in the game?!? What the hell were the designers
thinking? The times I've gotten the key in the past were when I lucked out
with my pickpocket skill, and I'm really sick of the whole reload, try again
cycle. (also, I'm trying to live with the consequences of failure in this
game, without just reloading...it's hard...) Am I missing something, or is
this just a really difficult mission? Halp!
6 answers Last reply
More about okay what

    "Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote in message news:<Z8u4d.949$zG1.739@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    > I'm in Balmora. Again. Starting a new game. Again. With a thief character.
    > Again.
    >
    > And I'm finally going to ask something that's been bugging me the whole
    > time: How the hell are you supposed to get the Nerano Manor key (2nd Balmora
    > Thieves Guild mission) with the sneak skills you have in the early game, and
    > without having to figure out some insanely complicated way of killing every
    > single Camonna Tong member in the game?!? What the hell were the designers
    > thinking? The times I've gotten the key in the past were when I lucked out
    > with my pickpocket skill, and I'm really sick of the whole reload, try again
    > cycle. (also, I'm trying to live with the consequences of failure in this
    > game, without just reloading...it's hard...) Am I missing something, or is
    > this just a really difficult mission? Halp!

    There are several other ways to approach this that I've used (though I
    seldom play thieves) than pick pocketing it.
    1. charm that guy in the corner Club until he will give you the key
    (be bribed out of it).
    2. do tasks for other guilds until your skills are better
    3. do Lazaros(sp?) task to take out the Camona Tong (and so end up
    with the key)

    A key element here (heh) is to concentrate in the early game on things
    you are good at and/or improving your skills. If your character
    started as a Khajhit concentrating on thief skills with a major in
    sneak with extra agility, then sneaking the key may be viable very
    early in the game. But if you started as a Nord Warrior whose never
    heard of theiving and just happened to join the thieves guild right
    off, then you will have a tough time with just about any of the early
    missions if you try to do them by sneaking, stealing and
    pickpocketing. Duh. If you are, say, a Bosmer Thief who chose
    speechcraft as a major skill and extra personality to start, then by
    the time you've charmed your way up the road to Balmora, you can
    probably charm the key off they guy without half trying. Again,
    however, charming may not be viable for the Nord dude until he's way
    later in the game (and somehow got his personality and speechcraft
    raised up.)

    Munky Boy wrote:

    > I'm in Balmora. Again. Starting a new game. Again. With a thief character.
    > Again.
    >
    > And I'm finally going to ask something that's been bugging me the whole
    > time: How the hell are you supposed to get the Nerano Manor key (2nd Balmora
    > Thieves Guild mission) with the sneak skills you have in the early game, and
    > without having to figure out some insanely complicated way of killing every
    > single Camonna Tong member in the game?!? What the hell were the designers
    > thinking? The times I've gotten the key in the past were when I lucked out
    > with my pickpocket skill, and I'm really sick of the whole reload, try again
    > cycle. (also, I'm trying to live with the consequences of failure in this
    > game, without just reloading...it's hard...) Am I missing something, or is
    > this just a really difficult mission? Halp!

    Actually, yes, it's very tough, but you can always try getting the key
    from the other guy who has one.

    Persuade the dude, dude :)

    Alex

    "Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote in message
    > I'm in Balmora. Again. Starting a new game. Again. With a thief character.
    > Again.
    >
    > And I'm finally going to ask something that's been bugging me the whole
    > time: How the hell are you supposed to get the Nerano Manor key (2nd
    > Balmora Thieves Guild mission) with the sneak skills you have in the early
    > game, and without having to figure out some insanely complicated way of
    > killing every single Camonna Tong member in the game?!? What the hell were
    > the designers thinking? The times I've gotten the key in the past were
    > when I lucked out with my pickpocket skill, and I'm really sick of the
    > whole reload, try again cycle. (also, I'm trying to live with the
    > consequences of failure in this game, without just reloading...it's
    > hard...) Am I missing something, or is this just a really difficult
    > mission? Halp!

    > Persuade the dude, dude :)

    Ummm, shoot. Yeah. I was missing something, alright...

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 06:35:37 GMT, "Munky Boy"
    <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote:

    >I'm in Balmora. Again. Starting a new game. Again. With a thief character.
    >Again.
    >
    >And I'm finally going to ask something that's been bugging me the whole
    >time: How the hell are you supposed to get the Nerano Manor key (2nd Balmora
    >Thieves Guild mission) with the sneak skills you have in the early game, and
    >without having to figure out some insanely complicated way of killing every
    >single Camonna Tong member in the game?!? Am I missing something, or is
    >this just a really difficult mission? Halp!

    After you've persuaded him enough, he hints he might want money. Bribe
    him again at that point, and he'll give you the key (The amount of the
    bribe doesn't seem to make any difference).
    --
    Greg Johnson
    Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

    "Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> skrev i en meddelelse
    > I'm in Balmora. Again. Starting a new game. Again. With a thief
    character.
    > Again.
    >
    > And I'm finally going to ask something that's been bugging me the whole
    > time: How the hell are you supposed to get the Nerano Manor key (2nd
    Balmora
    > Thieves Guild mission) with the sneak skills you have in the early game,
    and
    > without having to figure out some insanely complicated way of killing
    every
    > single Camonna Tong member in the game?!? What the hell were the
    designers
    > thinking? The times I've gotten the key in the past were when I lucked
    out
    > with my pickpocket skill, and I'm really sick of the whole reload, try
    again
    > cycle. (also, I'm trying to live with the consequences of failure in
    this
    > game, without just reloading...it's hard...) Am I missing something, or
    is
    > this just a really difficult mission? Halp!

    Caius tells you, if you have seen him, that is, - that there will be
    tasks, that
    might be too difficult to handle right away, and advise a 'leave it for
    now
    and return later' policy.. And why bump them off so soon, when they can
    train you in the thieving skills

    merlin

Games Video Games