Canon i560 color printer problem

I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a
couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems
to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

yes, we've done these points...do you think that it might be due
something blocking the flow of ink from the cartridge and how would you
check that?

Have you run a nozzle check to see if the cyan isn't printing? Have you made
sure the tape has been removed up to the air vents and have you reseated the
cartridges? This sounds like the ink flow is restricted due to either of the
points I inquired about.

Ron

<tguffei@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a
> couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems
> to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

If the tape wasn't removed per directions that could also be a problem. The
sponge side needs to be vented. On the reverse side, if too much ink has
come out it could also be showing the same symptoms. Make sure there isn't
any ink pooled around the inlet filters on the printhead.

> yes, we've done these points...do you think that it might be due
> something blocking the flow of ink from the cartridge and how would you
> check that?

You can buy direct from Canon a replacement print head, but Canon makes
these expensive. Depending on where you live, expect to pay
$40.00-$60.00 for one.

it is model # QY6-0042

tguffei@hotmail.com wrote:
> I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a
> couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color
> seems to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

When my i550 failed similar way, if i run deep cleaning a couple of times
and printed one or two pages of anything before actual print, it was OK, but
only until next day or next few hours. Serviceman told me head is dead and
thus printer is ready for trash...so i fear that in your case head is dead,
too... :-((

ISZ wrote:

>You can buy direct from Canon a replacement print head, but Canon makes
>these expensive. Depending on where you live, expect to pay
>$40.00-$60.00 for one.
>
>it is model # QY6-0042

For $35 to $40 more you can also get a set of cartridges and a new printer.

measekite wrote:
> ISZ wrote:
>
>> You can buy direct from Canon a replacement print head, but Canon
>> makes these expensive. Depending on where you live, expect to pay
>> $40.00-$60.00 for one.
>>
>> it is model # QY6-0042
>>

> For $35 to $40 more you can also get a set of cartridges and a new
> printer.

Yep, i did exatcly same...instead of just head, i rather got new ip4000 for
roughly 20 % more...