LsaSrv Event 5000 errors

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 7, 2004 11:10:33 AM

Ever since running the patch update for Sasser one of my
servers that is not a domain controller reports the
following error:
Source: LsaSrv
Evenit ID: 5000
The security package Negotiate generated an exception.
The package is now disabled. The exception information is
the data.
After this error the server stops serving web pages. Most
of the time I can run an 'iisreset' and the server will
start serving pages. But on a couple of occations I've
had to restart the server.

MS KB article Q828873 talks about a similar problem with a
domian controller. My server is not a domain controller.
I've also tried serached for the follow data with no luck:
0000: c0000005 00000000 00000000 77fcb3af

If anyone out there has seen similar problem please make a
post.

Peace,
Mark
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 11:28:15 PM

If you're sure it was as a result of installing the patch, contact Product
Support Services.

Incidents relating to critical security patches are free.

Hope this helps

Oli

!