windows xp media center help

October 7, 2004 1:15:09 PM

Hi there,
i was wondering if i bought a computer with mc installed, and i have a tv
tuner card, how would windows xp recognize or be compatible with my current
cable service provider?

More about : windows media center

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 2:27:22 PM

Inquire with your Cable Service provider first. Vendors like Comcast and
DirecTV have such complete control over the hardware that getting an HD
stream out of them is not feasible. MCE 2005 will recognize and respect the
broadcast flag mandated by the FCC. Broadcast flags allow restrictions to be
set on what can be done with broadcasts, such as limiting time shifting,
prohibiting recording, or controlling access.

Andre

!