windows xp media center help

Hi there,
i was wondering if i bought a computer with mc installed, and i have a tv
tuner card, how would windows xp recognize or be compatible with my current
cable service provider?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media center help

    Inquire with your Cable Service provider first. Vendors like Comcast and
    DirecTV have such complete control over the hardware that getting an HD
    stream out of them is not feasible. MCE 2005 will recognize and respect the
    broadcast flag mandated by the FCC. Broadcast flags allow restrictions to be
    set on what can be done with broadcasts, such as limiting time shifting,
    prohibiting recording, or controlling access.

    Andre

    "Ryan" <soul_fire316@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > i was wondering if i bought a computer with mc installed, and i have a tv
    > tuner card, how would windows xp recognize or be compatible with my
    > current
    > cable service provider?

Media Center Windows XP