Clubit, the company that got direct Conroe shipments today!

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
OHHHHH SWEET FIND!

The company that yahoo referenced that got direct shipments from intel today: Clubit

E6400 retail: $269

E6600 retail: $339

E6700 retail: $568

* All Intel Core2Duo Processor Orders will be shipped August 7th. Any combo orders with Core2Duo processors will also be shipped August 7th. We are only taking orders for the number of processors that are in stock and in our warehouse.

Penguin21512

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Whaaaaaat?

In Stock: Yes
ClubIT Price: $339.00

* All Intel Core2Duo Processor Orders will be shipped August 7th. Any combo orders with Core2Duo processors will also be shipped August 7th. We are only taking orders for the number of processors that are in stock and in our warehouse.

I'm confused...

Edit: A minute too slow, curses.

Techie22

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
sry i missed the fine print.

Why do they say "in stock" then?

EDIT* nvm I guess they just take orders on the ones they have.

jeffreyhsieh99

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2003
I preordered an e6600 at clubit. All OEM version are out of stock as I checked but all retail version are in stock, but ship Aug 7. Fine print says "We are only taking orders for the number of processors that are in stock and in our warehouse."

As I just checked again, e6600 retail sold out. If you try to "pre-order", it will tell you no longer is available for pre-order. I assume they estimate how many will coming based on their order though Intel or distributor. Then use that to allow pre-order. So the pre-order is guaranteed, unlike other sellers.

Looking at many sellers I think OEM version might be available now but retail version need to wait for Aug 7. Since I prefer retail version and don't mind wait more if it is the only way to get retail. This is my best bet.

Maybe it's just my wishful thinking. Will know on Aug 7.