Does Apple Wireless Keyboard work on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olegna

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
hi, i'm new so sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search for this and there were a daunting amount of posts to sift through =o

so;
Does Apple Wireless Keyboard work on a PC?
Can you just buy it plug it in and it will work faultlessly?
or am i dreaming.....

Thanks in Advance.

Dan1317

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Yah it works some keys are different. theres no windows key and stuff like that. Honestly though, I would spend your money on a different wireless keyboard unless you are using a mac. Apple keyboards are IMHO very low quality, as is most of their hardware..

born2phrag

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
You can use the Apple key as the Windows Key, but Apple keyboards have some extra 'F' buttons, I think it goes up to F16 8O

Also, I think the new wireless keyboards require bluetooth to connect, so you might want to double check.

Olegna

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Thanks for the advice guys!
i've opted for this one;

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2162,CONTENTID=10711

I've used logictech stuff before and i'm very happy with it. They also do a version of this in white, but for mac only - it's only a case swap, why don't they sell it for PC too? -silly. Anyway i'm happy with my purchase especially as i got it from NCIX.com for $85+tax canadian!
Again, thanks for helping me make my mind up,
Olegna

mcorange

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
Sorry for reviving old topics, but there's no need to make a new one.

I am using the keyboard with XP on a PC. Is there a program that will allow me to use the extra function keys (volume and media control)? I've tried Sharp Keys already; it doesn't work.

omairhe

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Uawks 2008.09.17 is a freeware application that allows pc users to use apple wireless keyboard. http://code.google.com/p/uawks/

i havn't tested it myself so good luck with that.

G

Mac hardware is low quality?! Did I read it correctly? Which planet are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS