high quality loot but no cashed up merchants

I'm bumbling my way through the game but am a bit frustrated trying to
get decent price for my loot. ie daedric, ebony and glass weapons. I
need the cash so I can pay trainers to boost my mage attributes and
buy spells. Also I hate carrying all the weight as it makes me move
too slowly. The merchants I meet only ever seem to have a few hundred
or at best a few thousand gold. Where can I sell this expensive gear
and get full price? (With cheaper gear I was selling a few items
untill the merchant/trainer had no more cash then spending it on the
same guy getting training then repeating the process. this would be ok
if you got 120000 CREDIT when you sold your sword but you can only get
the maximum cash they have which is not much compared to it's supposed
'value'. Made me think there must be a better way. Is there? Cheers
11 answers Last reply
More about high quality loot cashed merchants

    Rick expounded thusly:

    > I'm bumbling my way through the game but am a bit frustrated trying to
    > get decent price for my loot. ie daedric, ebony and glass weapons. I
    > need the cash so I can pay trainers to boost my mage attributes and
    > buy spells. Also I hate carrying all the weight as it makes me move
    > too slowly. The merchants I meet only ever seem to have a few hundred
    > or at best a few thousand gold. Where can I sell this expensive gear
    > and get full price? (With cheaper gear I was selling a few items
    > untill the merchant/trainer had no more cash then spending it on the
    > same guy getting training then repeating the process. this would be ok
    > if you got 120000 CREDIT when you sold your sword but you can only get
    > the maximum cash they have which is not much compared to it's supposed
    > 'value'. Made me think there must be a better way. Is there? Cheers

    If you're acquainted with Creeper or Mud Crab, you've met the richest
    merchants who will take items at full value. There are many mods that
    increase Creeper's gold, and it's an easy mod to do yourself.

    -mb

    Sorry, Rick, but this can be one of the most frustrating aspects of the
    game, especially if your character is focussed (like mine) on finding or
    filching the good stuff and selling it to my favorite fences. There are
    numerous mods that give everyone in the world more money, but I prefer the
    one I found recently on Morrowind Summit by RCSun (do an author search) that
    caps every item found outside a shop at a worth of 10,000. The filename is
    RCSun's Untitled Mod.

    It's annoying, but it's just an aspect of the game. And if you're a purist,
    like I was until recently, you have to figure out creative ways to sell your
    stuff to the two merchants included in Morrowind that have a lot of cash.
    BTW, many merchants in the market square in Tribunal have tons of cash...
    If ya ain't got Tribunal, download a mod, or waste a lot of time selling
    stuff to Creeper or the Mud Crab.

    Or, you can just give up your dreams of wealth altogether and find a place
    to store all your beautiful, unsalable booty!

    "Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote in message news:<A2D4d.7834$gG4.6629@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    > Sorry, Rick, but this can be one of the most frustrating aspects of the
    > game, especially if your character is focussed (like mine) on finding or
    > filching the good stuff and selling it to my favorite fences. There are
    > numerous mods that give everyone in the world more money, but I prefer the
    > one I found recently on Morrowind Summit by RCSun (do an author search) that
    > caps every item found outside a shop at a worth of 10,000. The filename is
    > RCSun's Untitled Mod.
    >
    > It's annoying, but it's just an aspect of the game. And if you're a purist,
    > like I was until recently, you have to figure out creative ways to sell your
    > stuff to the two merchants included in Morrowind that have a lot of cash.
    > BTW, many merchants in the market square in Tribunal have tons of cash...
    > If ya ain't got Tribunal, download a mod, or waste a lot of time selling
    > stuff to Creeper or the Mud Crab.

    I have got the tribunal expansion but I haven't yet come across Mud
    Crab or the Creeper. I have a good fighter (pretty boring character as
    I've discovered) WITH 100 Long Blade and 99 Strength and so have been
    collecting all these weapons from hanging around Daedric ruins and
    looting the corpses. but i want to boost my thieving and magik skills
    so I need cash and I just can't bring myself to sell a Magebane or
    Glass stormsword (will probably keep the daedreic dai-katana for now
    :) for a measly 1000 gold which is about the best I can get from
    merchants in Balmora.
    I probably haven't gone far enough in the story to find the good
    merchants. just having fun slaying stuff and exploring on ym own so
    I'll do a search for the creeper and mud crab in google. Which other
    merchants are good with the tribunal expansion? Or is tribunal an
    actual place in Morrowind?

    > Or, you can just give up your dreams of wealth altogether and find a place
    > to store all your beautiful, unsalable booty!

    I might just do that. I had been worried some of it might disappear
    over time, as I havent really sussed if the program deletes/alters
    items left lying around, but if they stay stable I'll do that too.

    Rick wrote:
    > I'm bumbling my way through the game but am a bit frustrated
    > trying to get decent price for my loot. ie daedric, ebony and
    > glass weapons. I need the cash so I can pay trainers to boost my
    > mage attributes and buy spells. Also I hate carrying all the
    > weight as it makes me move too slowly. The merchants I meet only
    > ever seem to have a few hundred or at best a few thousand gold.
    > Where can I sell this expensive gear and get full price?

    The only way I know of, without mods, is to sell the big-one to the merchant and then bring down the price by buying many things
    from him, until the price goes down to the money the merchant has, then sleep 24 hours and sell him back what you took. Obviously
    you're losing money everytime you sell him something you bougth from himself, but when he's one of your guild, things can get well
    enugg. It's boring, sure, but at least it allows you to sell things worth some 10K's gold.
    Usually you'll hardly find someone with enough items to counterpay a daedric longsword (40K, IIRC) but if he's one who you used
    tosell things to, he may have many worthy things. My friend at Balmora's mage guild has about 30 magic weapons worth well over 10K.
    he can pay me a 40K item with 4 of those, then I wait 24 hours and sell the first one, balancing with something else, then sleep
    24hours then start to sell the "something else"... rinse and repeat until you've sold him back anything you bougth from him.
    Listen the boys, get the mod.

    Vilco

    "Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> wrote:

    >Sorry, Rick, but this can be one of the most frustrating aspects of the
    >game, especially if your character is focussed (like mine) on finding or
    >filching the good stuff and selling it to my favorite fences.

    Yep, they really needed some leveled merchants in morrowind, like they
    did with some of the creatures. Early on the low money keeps the game
    balanced, but later it's just an annoyance.

    On 23 Sep 2004 08:09:23 -0700, rickmx@dingoblue.net.au (Rick) wrote:

    >I'm bumbling my way through the game but am a bit frustrated trying to
    >get decent price for my loot. ie daedric, ebony and glass weapons. I

    If you have Tribunal, take your loot to the Great Bazzar (sp?).
    There is a Smith and a Trader who have 10000 or 8000 gold. There is
    also a few other merchants scattered around Mournhold who have lots
    of money.

    Vilco wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >>I'm bumbling my way through the game but am a bit frustrated
    >>trying to get decent price for my loot. ie daedric, ebony and
    >>glass weapons. I need the cash so I can pay trainers to boost my
    >>mage attributes and buy spells. Also I hate carrying all the
    >>weight as it makes me move too slowly. The merchants I meet only
    >>ever seem to have a few hundred or at best a few thousand gold.
    >>Where can I sell this expensive gear and get full price?
    >

    > The only way I know of, without mods, is to sell the big-one to the merchant and then bring down the price by buying many things
    > from him, until the price goes down to the money the merchant has, then sleep 24 hours and sell him back what you took. Obviously
    > you're losing money everytime you sell him something you bougth from himself, but when he's one of your guild, things can get well
    > enugg. It's boring, sure, but at least it allows you to sell things worth some 10K's gold.
    > Usually you'll hardly find someone with enough items to counterpay a daedric longsword (40K, IIRC) but if he's one who you used
    > tosell things to, he may have many worthy things. My friend at Balmora's mage guild has about 30 magic weapons worth well over 10K.
    > he can pay me a 40K item with 4 of those, then I wait 24 hours and sell the first one, balancing with something else, then sleep
    > 24hours then start to sell the "something else"... rinse and repeat until you've sold him back anything you bougth from him.
    > Listen the boys, get the mod.
    >
    > Vilco

    Also try the alchemists - they have exclusive potions and telvanni bug
    musk etc which are light so you can hold lots :)

    problem is I don't know of an _extremely_ rich aclchemist :-P

    "Rick" <rickmx@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
    > I'm bumbling my way through the game but am a bit frustrated trying to
    > get decent price for my loot. ie daedric, ebony and glass weapons. I
    > need the cash so I can pay trainers to boost my mage attributes and
    > buy spells. Also I hate carrying all the weight as it makes me move
    > too slowly. The merchants I meet only ever seem to have a few hundred
    > or at best a few thousand gold. Where can I sell this expensive gear
    > and get full price? (With cheaper gear I was selling a few items
    > untill the merchant/trainer had no more cash then spending it on the
    > same guy getting training then repeating the process. this would be ok
    > if you got 120000 CREDIT when you sold your sword but you can only get
    > the maximum cash they have which is not much compared to it's supposed
    > 'value'. Made me think there must be a better way. Is there? Cheers

    There is one trick I've discovered, although it's use is limited. If you
    save up a bunch of cash, and go buy something hugely expensive from an
    enchanter, you can in effect get that item for free by immediately selling
    them something you picked up that's of comparable value. They'll have the
    money you just gave them. Of course it has to be something they would buy,
    but the really expensive stuff seems to be the enchanted gear, which the
    enchanters trade in. The problem is, of course that you have to have the
    money in the first place, but at least you get it back.

    I just picked up an enchanted cuirass that's valued at $160K IRC. I'm going
    to have a really hard time getting rid of that thing.

    Cheers,
    Walt

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:29:58 -0700, "WJ" <waltj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Rick" <rickmx@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
    >> The merchants I meet only ever seem to have a few hundred
    >> or at best a few thousand gold. Where can I sell this expensive gear
    >> and get full price?

    Use the 'Ogrim Trader in Caldera' mod. He has 500,000 in cash, and
    will buy items from you for their actual value. If you want it back
    later on, he will charge you though! :)

    I was very lucky in that I found a weapon worth 40,000 in cash, but at
    60 lbs in weight I didn't want to lug it around - I installed the mod
    and got my cash :)) Cheating maybe, but it seemed daft to have this
    really valuable item in my inventory and still be scraping around for
    cash!!

    As an aside, you might want to use a 'house' mod to give yourself
    somewhere to drop off items you may want to keep but not necessarily
    cart around. There are some nice ones that give you a house in
    Balmora, and the one I use is very nice, has tons of storage, a bed,
    and is conveniently near the Silt Strider.

    I found the Ogrim Trader mod and the house mod on:
    http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp

    Search for "ogrim trader" and download it, then search the house mods
    for balmorahouse1_0606.zip

    Palindrome

    > As an aside, you might want to use a 'house' mod to give yourself
    > somewhere to drop off items you may want to keep but not necessarily
    > cart around.

    I took Algus Sadalfus' advice in his beginner's faq, picked a lock and moved
    into the little place right across from the South Wall Corner Club. It's
    small, but convenient to just about everything. You just about have to have
    a place to hole up and stash your loot in this game, especially if you're
    going to try to make your own potions. Who wand's to carry 60 pounds of
    alchemy stuff into combat?

    I'll look into those mods, though; thanks.

    Cheers,
    Walt

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:47:39 -0700, "WJ" <waltj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I took Algus Sadalfus' advice in his beginner's faq, picked a lock and moved
    >into the little place right across from the South Wall Corner Club. It's
    >small, but convenient to just about everything. You just about have to have
    >a place to hole up and stash your loot in this game, especially if you're
    >going to try to make your own potions. Who wand's to carry 60 pounds of
    >alchemy stuff into combat?

    The South Wall Corner Club itself is a pretty good place to move into
    after you've done a certain quest involving "bad people" particularly
    if you use an area effect spell and take out the bartender (which
    you're not supposed to and he is in fact pretty entertaining)

Internet Explorer Games Video Games