AD User account management

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

I delegated user rights in AD on the Users OU for my HR department to make modifications on user accounts if necessary.
I'l like to know what user interface they could use to get to the AD without installing the AD manager on their workstation.
Thanks

G

I found, that I was able to edit the account properties using the People Search on my Windows Active Directory Serarch. However, the reporting manager info is greyed out and I am not able to edit it.

G

They should use ADUC or if you want, you could set up a web proxy type of tool.

--
Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
www.joeware.net

Nyugati wrote:
> I delegated user rights in AD on the Users OU for my HR department to make modifications on user accounts if necessary.
> I'l like to know what user interface they could use to get to the AD without installing the AD manager on their workstation.
> Thanks

G

I made a search on MS Technet for ADUC, but no reference was found. What is ADUC and how to use it?

----- Joe Richards [MVP] wrote: -----

--
www.joeware.net

Nyugati wrote:
> I delegated user rights in AD on the Users OU for my HR department to make modifications on user accounts if necessary.
> I'l like to know what user interface they could use to get to the AD without installing the AD manager on their workstation.
> Thanks

G

Never mind. You mean AD Users and Computers. Is that the only way of letting users edit accounts? Isn't there any kind of web interface to do it?

--
www.joeware.net

Nyugati wrote:
> Thanks

G

Sure, but all of them I have seen are either third party purchasable products or
something a location had written for themselves.

And yes I meant Active Directory Users and Computers...

It is known by ADUC and dsa.msc.

--
www.joeware.net

Nyugati wrote:
> Never mind. You mean AD Users and Computers. Is that the only way of letting users edit accounts? Isn't there any kind of web interface to do it?
>
> ----- Joe Richards [MVP] wrote: -----
>
> They should use ADUC or if you want, you could set up a web proxy type of tool.
>
> --
> Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
> www.joeware.net
>
>
>
> Nyugati wrote:
> > I delegated user rights in AD on the Users OU for my HR department to make modifications on user accounts if necessary.
> > I'l like to know what user interface they could use to get to the AD without installing the AD manager on their workstation.
> > Thanks
>

G

Could you recommend a good third party software that would allow me to use web interface?
Thanks

Sure, but all of them I have seen are either third party purchasable products or
something a location had written for themselves.

And yes I meant Active Directory Users and Computers...

It is known by ADUC and dsa.msc.

--
www.joeware.net

Nyugati wrote:
> Never mind. You mean AD Users and Computers. Is that the only way of letting users edit accounts? Isn't there any kind of web interface to do it?
>> ----- Joe Richards [MVP] wrote: -----
>> They should use ADUC or if you want, you could set up a web proxy type of tool.
>> --
> www.joeware.net
>>>> Nyugati wrote:
>> I delegated user rights in AD on the Users OU for my HR department to make modifications on user accounts if necessary.
>> I'l like to know what user interface they could use to get to the AD without installing the AD manager on their workstation.
>> Thanks
>

G

Check out the big players such as netpro, aelita, quest for enterprise
management tools.

--
www.joeware.net

Nyugati wrote:
> Could you recommend a good third party software that would allow me to use web interface?
> Thanks
>
> ----- Joe Richards [MVP] wrote: -----
>
> Sure, but all of them I have seen are either third party purchasable products or
> something a location had written for themselves.
>
> And yes I meant Active Directory Users and Computers...
>
> It is known by ADUC and dsa.msc.
>
> --
> www.joeware.net
>
>
>
> Nyugati wrote:
> > Never mind. You mean AD Users and Computers. Is that the only way of letting users edit accounts? Isn't there any kind of web interface to do it?
> >> ----- Joe Richards [MVP] wrote: -----
> >> They should use ADUC or if you want, you could set up a web proxy type of tool.
> >> --
> > Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
> > www.joeware.net
> >>>> Nyugati wrote:
> >> I delegated user rights in AD on the Users OU for my HR department to make modifications on user accounts if necessary.
> >> I'l like to know what user interface they could use to get to the AD without installing the AD manager on their workstation.
> >> Thanks
> >