Event ID: 5706
Date: 10-May-04
Time: 4:25:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NEW-DC-01
The Netlogon service could not create server share
C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\ad.garantibank.nl\SCRIPTS. The following error
occurred:

Access is denied.
Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00 ....

I can manualy create the share and it seems to work, but what could be
the case here ?

Regards,

Charles

See if tip 4460 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com helps.

On Wed, 12 May 2004 06:46:14 -0700, "Charles"

>Hi All,
>
>I got a strange issue here. At least, I never faced it, so for me it's
>strange. Let me explain it briefly
>
>We have an Active Directory here with three sites in three countries.
>This week we needed to expand one of the locations with an extra site.
>So I installed a machine and did a DCPromo. DCPromo went well, but in
>the eventlog this NETLOGON error appears :
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: NETLOGON
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 5706
>Date: 10-May-04
>Time: 4:25:35 PM
>User: N/A
>Computer: NEW-DC-01
>The Netlogon service could not create server share
>C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\ad.garantibank.nl\SCRIPTS. The following error
>occurred:
>
>Access is denied.
>Data:
>0000: 05 00 00 00 ....
>
>I can manualy create the share and it seems to work, but what could be
>the case here ?
>

>Regards,
>
>Charles

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Charles

Ok we will give this a shot

However I certainly want to know what could cause this problem

I will post when I have tried your tip

----- Jerold Schulman wrote: -----

See if tip 4460 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com helps.

On Wed, 12 May 2004 06:46:14 -0700, "Charles"

>Hi All,
>>I got a strange issue here. At least, I never faced it, so for me it's
>strange. Let me explain it briefly
>>We have an Active Directory here with three sites in three countries.
>This week we needed to expand one of the locations with an extra site.
>So I installed a machine and did a DCPromo. DCPromo went well, but in
>the eventlog this NETLOGON error appears :
>>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: NETLOGON
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 5706
>Date: 10-May-04
>Time: 4:25:35 PM
>User: N/A
>Computer: NEW-DC-01
>The Netlogon service could not create server share
>C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\ad.garantibank.nl\SCRIPTS. The following error
>occurred:
>>Access is denied.
>Data:
>0000: 05 00 00 00 ....
>>I can manualy create the share and it seems to work, but what could be
>the case here ?
>>Charles

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Charles

Unfortunally this didn't help as well. I mean, the register key's where there but the share creation fails.

Shoot me, even Microsoft didn't have an answer.

Lets try to post this Q in alt.os.linux, perhaps they know :)

Charles