Question about vampire and werewolf disease

Hi

I'm kind of a newbie in this game, but very impressed (used to play a lot of
firsthand-shooter and strategic games).
Now I have a couple of questions.

1. I can see that Redguard and Wood Elf resist diseases. Does that mean that
these two races can't get vampire or werewolf-diseases?

2. Are there advantages/disadvantages being a vampire or werewolf? (It
sounds cool, though ;-)

Thanks.

/Allan

Allan wrote:

> 1. I can see that Redguard and Wood Elf resist diseases. Does that mean that
> these two races can't get vampire or werewolf-diseases?

They can. It just might be a little more difficult. But there are ways
to change your disease resistance using magic. I dont want to give
spoilers, more fun to figure it out yourself - but a redguard or woodelf
absolutely can become infected.

> 2. Are there advantages/disadvantages being a vampire or werewolf? (It
> sounds cool, though ;-)

Only commenting vampires, havn't played as werewolf yet.

Advantages: You gain some very serious stat and skill boosts. There are
different vampire clans, depending on from which you got infected the
skill/stat boots differ.
Disadvantages: Pretty much anyone - with few exceptions - hates you,
runs away from you or tries to kill you. That basically means: No more
questing except few vampire-special quests. Once you have done those
vampire-special quests, you can either feed on the complete Morrowind
population and then start a new game, or try to find a cure - there are
some rumours about a vampirism cure.

However, I just recently played a vampire char. It can be quite fun, if
you install some additional mods. Especially Vampire Embrace (look at
thelys.org) is pretty essential. Vampire Realism is another good one
fixing a couple of vampire related issues. Scripted Spells mod adds some
nifty vampire related spells. Without mods, being a vampire will get
boring quickly as barely anyone is willing to interact with you.
With the Vampire Embrace mod you can play pretty much any quest, and
theoretically even make career in the Temple. It's left to your
roleplaying discipline to restrict yourself.

Peter

I've only ever found three or four vampire lairs in all of Vvardenfell (I
didn't look around on Red Mountain), and when the vamps didn't kill me with
their Drain Health (Absorb?) ability, I whacked 'em right quick and sold
their dust... Vampires and my characters have never interacted much at all,
but it sounds like vamps are a huge part of the game for some people...am I
missing something?

Hey guys, there must be more than just one, who can answer this question :)
Please give me a little advise.

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> In addition you might want to try The "Suran Underworld" mod, available at
> http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Matthew#Suran_Underworld

Getting somewhat off-topic, sorry - but I did answer Allan earlier :*)
Suran Underworld is an excellent mod, together with Illuminati Order my
two favourite faction&quest mods.

Know any other faction mods of similar quality? I'm playing both for the
second time now (and *still* dying a lot in Suran Underworld's quests),
looking for something new.

Peter

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:23:55 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Getting somewhat off-topic, sorry - but I did answer Allan earlier :*)

Sorry. I didn't mean any offense.

> Suran Underworld is an excellent mod, together with Illuminati Order my
> two favourite faction&quest mods.

Yes, they are definitely among the best mods I know.

> Know any other faction mods of similar quality?

"Beyond Ysgramor" is definitely worth playing. It has quests similar both
in amount and quality to Suran Underworld.
And don't forget "Havish". That mod features some of the best storyline,
quests and graphic effects I've ever seen in Morrowind.
If you like to play a mod "in between", try the "Cult of the Clouds" mod.
It adds a faction of mages that put both House Telvanni and the Mages Guild
to shame.
Last but not least there is "Amulet of Scrye", which lets you do quests for
the dead. (feels a bit like "The Sixth Sense") It doesn't add a faction,
but there are quite a lot of quests.
All these mods are available at Morrowind Summit
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods.asp

Bjoern

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

>> Getting somewhat off-topic, sorry - but I did answer Allan earlier :*)
> Sorry. I didn't mean any offense.

I didn't target that at you, just a general remark because I find it
occasionally a bit impolite to switch topic in a thread, so I justified
myself by mentioning I already answered Allan previously. :)

> "Beyond Ysgramor" is definitely worth playing. It has quests similar both
> in amount and quality to Suran Underworld.

Sounds good. Fileplanet seems currently flawed, I will try again later.
And I need to get to level 30 first. :*)

> And don't forget "Havish". That mod features some of the best storyline,
> quests and graphic effects I've ever seen in Morrowind.

Sounds even better. I read some positive review about Havish somewhere,
but don't remember the details.

> If you like to play a mod "in between", try the "Cult of the Clouds" mod.
> It adds a faction of mages that put both House Telvanni and the Mages Guild
> to shame.

Wasn't that with the weather control? Actually, not so difficult at all
to put the Mages Guild to shame. I like Telvanni though, especially with
some Urivith expansion mod for a better stronghold. :)

I started BlackMill with a previous vampire character (with Embrace),
but soon noticed that didn't really fit so I stopped the quest. Should
play that again with a normal char, the mod looked ok so far.

Thanks for your pointers,

Peter

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:04:27 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>
>>> Getting somewhat off-topic, sorry - but I did answer Allan earlier :*)
>> Sorry. I didn't mean any offense.
>
> I didn't target that at you, just a general remark because I find it
> occasionally a bit impolite to switch topic in a thread, so I justified
> myself by mentioning I already answered Allan previously. :)

Phew! That's a relief. Personally, I don't mind switching the topic as
long as it is mentioned in the subject.

>> "Beyond Ysgramor" is definitely worth playing. It has quests similar
>> both in amount and quality to Suran Underworld.
>
> Sounds good. Fileplanet seems currently flawed, I will try again later.
> And I need to get to level 30 first. :*)

Level 30 is just a recommendation. You can perform the first quests at a
lower level. If you are able to master Tribunal, you are ready to visit
Ysgramor. And you can always do some of the side quests.
One hint though (and a slight spoiler): Don't teleport from the Ysgramor
mansion to the dungeon unless you have found a certain ring within the
mansion. It is no big deal, but I hate hate killing those who could be
my guards.
The mod is also available at Euro-Morrowind
http://www.euro-morrowind.com/index.php?section=article&code=01&id=5

>> And don't forget "Havish". That mod features some of the best storyline,
>> quests and graphic effects I've ever seen in Morrowind.
>
> Sounds even better. I read some positive review about Havish somewhere,
> but don't remember the details.

Well, let Havish surprise you. It starts as a totally harmless escort
mission for a fellow mage. Soon afterwards it becomes weird, but
fascinating. Keep you eyes open, you never know what will happen next.
In case Fileplanet is still down, here is an alternate link
http://home.tiscali.de/jo.ge/mw/havish.htm

>> If you like to play a mod "in between", try the "Cult of the Clouds"
>> mod. It adds a faction of mages that put both House Telvanni and the
>> Mages Guild to shame.
>
> Wasn't that with the weather control?

Yes, that's the one. I really like the concept of changing the weather.
There were times when I travelled the Ashlands just because I was sick of
Balmora and its constant rain. Thanks to the Sunshine artifact those days
are over.

> Actually, not so difficult at all to put the Mages Guild to shame.
> I like Telvanni though, especially with some Urivith expansion mod for
> a better stronghold. :)

Which Uvirith mod do you recommend? I intend to start a new character who
will join House Telvanni, but so far I haven't built a home anywhere near
Tel Uvirith.

> I started BlackMill with a previous vampire character (with Embrace),
> but soon noticed that didn't really fit so I stopped the quest. Should
> play that again with a normal char, the mod looked ok so far.

I tried BlackMill once, but somehow it didn't feel as if it belonged into
the game. And when I couldn't find out how to continue in the mill, I
called it a failure and uninstalled the mod. Perhaps I should give it
another try.

Bjoern

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

> Which Uvirith mod do you recommend?

Short answer:
Urivith Inside
(Forgot where I downloaded that, I think euro-morrowind)

Long answer:
There are a couple of inside-urivith mods available. The two good ones
are "Urivith Unleashed" and "Urivith Vault". Unfortunately you cannot
install both of them at the same time, so someone took the time to merge
both mods into one. This merged mod is "Urivith Inside".

"Urivith Vault" has a partner mod "Green Urivith" from the same author.
While the first only changes the inside of the stronghold, the latter
changes the outside. Alas, you can use the merged "Urivith Inside" for
inside, and still "Green Urivith" for the outside.

Urivith Inside has a couple of small quests to add some more features to
your home. It also adds a teleport mechanism between all Telvanni
towers, which is quite practical. It's bug free and all except one item
you receive are balanced. One item, though, is quite overkill. This is
the only nitpick I have with this mod. You certainly know that ring you
receive in Suran Underworld for which you have to go to (literally) and
through (not literally) hell. You get a similar item in the Urivith mod
for just killing a couple of Daedra. So I just put the item into a chest
and forgot about it.

To get the Green Urivith:
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/thaegbird/morrowind/mods.html
and look for Urivith Inside at euro-morrowind and summit - I really
forgot where I downloaded it.

"Urivith Inside" should be installed after getting level 3 of the
stronghold. "Green Urivith" should be installed after becoming the
Telvanni Archmagister. That makes the Telvanni stronghold not really a
newbie house mod, as you get it quite late in the game. However, bad
luck. Have to earn your home first. :)
I usually install some small home mod (favourite: Abandoned Shack) when
starting, and then later move to my stronghold (or another bigger house
when I didn't join a great house).

Peter

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:02:13 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>
>> Which Uvirith mod do you recommend?
>
> Short answer:
> Urivith Inside
> (Forgot where I downloaded that, I think euro-morrowind)

Thanks. I found a more recent version (1.61) at Morrowind Summit
which I am downloading right now.

> Long answer:
> Urivith Inside has a couple of small quests to add some more features to
> your home. It also adds a teleport mechanism between all Telvanni
> towers, which is quite practical.

That is direly needed. I usually use the Console when I have to pay
Divayth Fyr a visit. That man really ought to employ a boatsman for
his docks.

> ... You certainly know that ring you receive in Suran Underworld for
> which you have to go to (literally) and through (not literally) hell.
> You get a similar item in the Urivith mod for just killing a couple of
> Daedra. So I just put the item into a chest and forgot about it.

Perhaps I'll change its properties to something like "Summon Daedroth".

> I usually install some small home mod (favourite: Abandoned Shack) when
> starting, and then later move to my stronghold (or another bigger house
> when I didn't join a great house).

I prefer building my own home. The only problem is that my "Blackmarsh
Manor" is located between Hla Oad and the Odai Plateau, which is a pretty
bad place for a Member of House Telvanni.
Maybe I'll build a Shack somewhere near Sadrith Mora or a flat in Vivec's
Telvanni Canton.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll take a look at it this evening!

Bjoern

MERLIN

"Munky Boy" <MunkyNorth@literotica.org> skrev i en meddelelse
> I've only ever found three or four vampire lairs in all of Vvardenfell
(I
> didn't look around on Red Mountain), and when the vamps didn't kill me
with
> their Drain Health (Absorb?) ability, I whacked 'em right quick and sold
> their dust... Vampires and my characters have never interacted much at
all,
> but it sounds like vamps are a huge part of the game for some
people...am I
> missing something?

There are only three vampire clans, and each has a lair. The rest of them
are dispersed in various places, that cannot be characterized as 'lairs'
So you seems to have found them all

merlin

Peter Strempel wrote:

> To get the Green Urivith:
> http://www.angelfire.com/realm/thaegbird/morrowind/mods.html

I looked a bit further into those outside-Uvirith mods, out of curiosity:

* Green Uvirith
Adds some area around the mushroom built in mixed Telvanni-Imperial
style, similar to Master Aryons hideout. Turns the lava and ashlands
into some slighty greener area, but it's pretty decent. No overpowered
stuff, no bugs. No quests. A couple of trader services and a smith, lots
of Telvanni guards and some commoners.
I personally like this mod, but one can argue about the Imperial style.

* Green Uvirith Gold Edition
Expands Green Uvirith, not done by the original author. Bad mod. Many
bugs, missing textures, sloppy work. Your own Dwemer guards set to fight
90 attacking you, super-rich merchants. Turns the originally decently
greened area into a tropical Bahamas-in-the-Ashlands, though it's hard
to enjoy - even if you think it might fit - with all the missing-texture
markers all over the place.

* Village of Mora Uvirith
Adds a Telvanni style town between the mushroom and the coast.
Architecture is similar to Sadrith Mora. Well done mod. Only adds
buildings, NPCs and some services, no quests. But that's what the readme
states, so the mod delivers exactly what it is promising.
I suppose it boils down to a matter of taste. If you think Aryon was on
dope when he signed the building contract for his tower, then you
probably like this more than Green Uvirith. :*)

Peter

Peter Strempel wrote:

> Alas, you can use the merged "Urivith Inside" for
> inside, and still "Green Urivith" for the outside.

Sorry, should that read "Also you can" or "Alas you can't"? Makes a big
difference!

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:02:13 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>
>> Which Uvirith mod do you recommend?
>
> Short answer:
> Urivith Inside
> [...]

I just tried it and it looks great. As Grandmaster of House Hlaalu I
naturally didn't get the quests, but I liked the looks of it.
In addition to an upgraded Tel Uvirith, there is "Journey's End"
available at
http://www.thelys.org/mods.php?a=Lochnarus
It adds an island southeast of Morrowind with a mindboggling Telvanni
structure. To claim that estate you have to do a little quest,
(basically a "kill-the-monster-and-get-the-key" quest) but after that
you'll be the owner of a real beauty. Beware: This is severely unbalancing
for low level characters, even if they don't claim the estate. I recommend
installing it at level 20, when your character is well situated.

> "Urivith Vault" has a partner mod "Green Urivith" from the same author.
> [...]

I tried that as well but didn't like it. It didn't fit into the Morrowind
world. A few examples: Telvanni would never voluntarily accept an Imperial
Shrine in one of their strongholds and they wouldn't accept a Mages'
Guild, either. And to be frank: All that green landscape seemed obtruding
me in Molag Amur.
So I'll keep "Uvirith Inside" as well as "Journey's End" and discard
"Green Uvirith".
I still have to test "Village of Mora Uvirith".

Anyway: Thanks for the recommendation!

Bjoern

When I became Telvanni Archmagister, I just moved into the tower left
vacant by the former Archmagister. I like it there. Not too fancy, not
too remote, and there is a real bedroom.

TRENDING THREADS