Not enough disk space - error starting MMC

Hello,

We recently rebuilt our domain controller with Windows
2000 Advanced Server, running SP 4. Yesterday, when
logged in as the domain admin, I was unable to open any
MMC. We have a 4 GB partition on the C: drive with 500
MEG of space left. The TMP and TEMP environment variables
are accessable, have enough free space, and is located on
an NTFS volume. Our E: drive has 17 GB free, and we also
have an additional 170 GB free on our external fireware
drive. How can I be out of space

When I went to reboot it forced me to start in AD Restore
mode. In the log files I have read all the documentation
for event ID's: 1130, 428, 1473, 8, 2005, and 34305, and
could not find a solution.

Any help to bring our domain online would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

David

Had the same message "not enough disk space" on morning or 11th, when trying
to start usrmgr on the PDC on an NT domain; after a short while, the error
went away. Also had this error on a Windows 2000 server on our NT domain
when starting usrmgr. When usrmgr loaded, it was empty. Have no idea what
caused the error, it is very suspicious; both servers had plenty of disk
space. The error has not returned.
Djjk