Upgrading Win2K Advanced Server to Windows 2003 Standard S..

Is it possible to upgrade Windows2K Avanced server to wind 2003 Standard Server? I don't need multi proc or load balance/cluster services.

Thanks in advance!

No. Reinstall is the only option.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"ericlp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to upgrade Windows2K Avanced server to wind 2003 Standard
Server? I don't need multi proc or load balance/cluster services.

> Thanks in advance!

Organizations currently running Windows 2000 Server
More than half of the Windows server installed base is already running the Windows 2000 Server OS. Windows 2000 Server on PowerEdge servers provides a reliable and scalable platform that allows organizations to leverage the planning and development that they put into their Windows 2000 migration should they elect to migrate to Windows Server 2003 at a later date.

Organizations already running Windows 2000 Server can evaluate Windows Server 2003 to determine whether it better meets their IT and business needs. From a Windows 2000 Server environment, an upgrade to Windows Server 2003 is relatively straightforward-the most time-consuming work having been accomplished in the migration to Windows 2000 Server. Therefore, organizations can upgrade to Windows Server 2003 without great effort.

Figures I had to go out and find this myself. Depend on a A+ Cert? No thanks. Anyone that makes a big deal about A+ and Network+ must have a really sad job...

I'm not sure what the purpose of that little rant was or where you got that
marketing paragraph you pasted (apparently the Dell web site??), but your
answer is here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810613

(Scott was correct.)

> Organizations currently running Windows 2000 Server
> More than half of the Windows server installed base is already running the
Windows 2000 Server OS. Windows 2000 Server on PowerEdge servers provides a
reliable and scalable platform that allows organizations to leverage the
planning and development that they put into their Windows 2000 migration
should they elect to migrate to Windows Server 2003 at a later date.

> Organizations already running Windows 2000 Server can evaluate Windows
Server 2003 to determine whether it better meets their IT and business
needs. From a Windows 2000 Server environment, an upgrade to Windows Server
2003 is relatively straightforward-the most time-consuming work having been
accomplished in the migration to Windows 2000 Server. Therefore,
organizations can upgrade to Windows Server 2003 without great effort.

> Figures I had to go out and find this myself. Depend on a A+ Cert? No
thanks. Anyone that makes a big deal about A+ and Network+ must have a
really sad job...

I'm not sure what the purpose of that little rant was or where you got that
marketing paragraph you pasted (apparently the Dell web site??), but your
answer is here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810613

(Scott was correct.)

Any Idiot knows that there are ways around it.... That site is a joke. Been there and it's a waste of bandwidth as there are tons of work arounds as with anything else micro$ makes.

So, I guess you are both wrong. Go figure.