Windows ARP Cache

Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how Windows
uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
registry entries.
--
jcarra
Windows XP

    Thanks, Guys. Carey, what happens if I move a program from one folder to
    another folder (i.e., C:\Program Files\Spybot to C:\My Programs\Spybot) and
    it's ARP cache information is not changed? Will this interfere with anything?
    Or if I just delete a program's ARP cache entry. I'm just not understanding
    the purpose of these entries.

    "jcarra" wrote:

    > Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how Windows
    > uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
    > registry entries.
    > --
    > jcarra
    > Windows XP

    Clearing the ARP Cache
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prcc_tcp_zczg.asp

    ARP
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/arp.mspx

    Unable to Flush the ARP cache
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20900928.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "jcarra" wrote:

    | Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how Windows
    | uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
    | registry entries.
    | --
    | jcarra
    | Windows XP

    arp -d *

    "jcarra" <jcarra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how
    > Windows
    > uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
    > registry entries.
    > --
    > jcarra
    > Windows XP