Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how Windows
uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
registry entries.
--
jcarra
Windows XP

Thanks, Guys. Carey, what happens if I move a program from one folder to
another folder (i.e., C:\Program Files\Spybot to C:\My Programs\Spybot) and
it's ARP cache information is not changed? Will this interfere with anything?
Or if I just delete a program's ARP cache entry. I'm just not understanding
the purpose of these entries.

"jcarra" wrote:

> Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how Windows
> uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
> registry entries.
> --
> jcarra
> Windows XP

Clearing the ARP Cache
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prcc_tcp_zczg.asp

ARP
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/arp.mspx

Unable to Flush the ARP cache
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20900928.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"jcarra" wrote:

| Can I force the ARP cache to be flushed, and if so, how? Not sure how Windows
| uses the information it contains, but believe I have some errors in the
| registry entries.
| --
| jcarra
| Windows XP