Jump is the coolest spell effect ever!

Wow. I had never used a Jump spell before, because it seemed unnecessary
with all the Levitate potions and spells and amulets out there. Also, I got
the impression it was a percentage increase in jump height. That is, if you
normally jumped 10 feet, a Jump spell of magnitude 40 would let you jump 14
feet - not that big a deal. Anyway, for no particular reason, I bought a
Jump spell and enchanted a pair of pants to give me Jump 32 for 8 seconds.
I then take my first jump, standing by the stairs outside of the Caldera
governor's Hall ... and jump clear out of town! Maybe a Jump of 32 makes
you jump not 32% farther, but 3.2x farther? Actually, it seems even more
pronounced than that. You seem to move through the air at a faster rate
than running, so it is not just a matter of jumping over trouble, you can
cover ground much faster.
Doing these super jumps all across Vvardenfell is a whole helluva lot of
fun. I went to Vivec City, jumped on top of the High Fane, then jumped to
the Ministry of Truth. How cool is that? It was also way faster and less
annoying than levitating. Don't feel like levitating over a set of
mountains, while half a dozen cliff racers gang up on your slow-moving
player? Jump over those mountains and leave the cliff racers far behind.
The frequent pauses while cells load is pretty irritating, though.

--
Rick Cavalla
rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:35:48 -0400, "Rick Cavalla" <rac22@erols.com>
wrote:

>Wow. I had never used a Jump spell before, because it seemed unnecessary
>with all the Levitate potions and spells and amulets out there. Also, I got
>the impression it was a percentage increase in jump height. That is, if you
>normally jumped 10 feet, a Jump spell of magnitude 40 would let you jump 14
>feet - not that big a deal. Anyway, for no particular reason, I bought a
>Jump spell and enchanted a pair of pants to give me Jump 32 for 8 seconds.
>I then take my first jump, standing by the stairs outside of the Caldera
>governor's Hall ... and jump clear out of town! Maybe a Jump of 32 makes
>you jump not 32% farther, but 3.2x farther? Actually, it seems even more
>pronounced than that. You seem to move through the air at a faster rate
>than running, so it is not just a matter of jumping over trouble, you can
>cover ground much faster.
> Doing these super jumps all across Vvardenfell is a whole helluva lot of
>fun. I went to Vivec City, jumped on top of the High Fane, then jumped to
>the Ministry of Truth. How cool is that? It was also way faster and less
>annoying than levitating. Don't feel like levitating over a set of
>mountains, while half a dozen cliff racers gang up on your slow-moving
>player? Jump over those mountains and leave the cliff racers far behind.
> The frequent pauses while cells load is pretty irritating, though.

Yes, Jump is much better than Levitate - and it still works in
Mournhold, too! Just don't forget to have a constant effect 2 point
Slowfall, so you don't accidentally die from jumping too high.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

Greg Johnson wrote:

> Yes, Jump is much better than Levitate - and it still works in
> Mournhold, too!

Hmm!

> Yes, Jump is much better than Levitate - and it still works in
> Mournhold, too! Just don't forget to have a constant effect 2 point
> Slowfall, so you don't accidentally die from jumping too high.
> --
> Greg Johnson
> Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

hehe, I had that problem with the Icarian flight scrolls :) That was a
pretty sick experience.
Bummer

"y0_diggety" <digex@burninghamster.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, Jump is much better than Levitate - and it still works in
> > Mournhold, too! Just don't forget to have a constant effect 2 point
> > Slowfall, so you don't accidentally die from jumping too high.
> > --
> > Greg Johnson
> > Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.
>
> hehe, I had that problem with the Icarian flight scrolls :) That was a
> pretty sick experience.
> Bummer

Jump effect also allows you to fall further. If you use one Icarian scroll
for the jump and another right before you land you can survive the jump
without taking damage.

-Scott Roper