Log on to Windows ??

From: "Barry" <Barry@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Log on to Windows ??
Date: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:28 PM

Formatted the HD and now when I turn the computer on the first thing I get
is a banner "Log on to Windows" Underneath that is "User Name" [Owner]
"Password" [Blank], and the 3rd line has "OK", "Shutdown", and
"Options".....
If I click on "OK", it takes me directly to my Desk top. The question of
course is..... How do I remove this "Log on to windows" banner. I can live
with it, but it's a pain......
Any help will be appreciated
Barry/Austin
2 answers Last reply
More about windows

    Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > "Change the way users log on"
    and check "Use the Welcome screen" and "Use Fast User Switching" > Apply
    Options.

    Andre

    Barry wrote:
    > From: "Barry" <Barry@austin.rr.com>
    > Subject: Log on to Windows ??
    > Date: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:28 PM
    >
    > Formatted the HD and now when I turn the computer on the first thing I get
    > is a banner "Log on to Windows" Underneath that is "User Name" [Owner]
    > "Password" [Blank], and the 3rd line has "OK", "Shutdown", and
    > "Options".....
    > If I click on "OK", it takes me directly to my Desk top. The question of
    > course is..... How do I remove this "Log on to windows" banner. I can live
    > with it, but it's a pain......
    > Any help will be appreciated
    > Barry/Austin

    Start > Run > type: control userpasswords2

    In the window that opens up, remove the checkmark from the box that says
    users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Click OK.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

Microsoft Windows XP