Log on to Windows ??

October 7, 2004 10:29:53 PM

From: "Barry" <Barry@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Log on to Windows ??
Date: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:28 PM

Formatted the HD and now when I turn the computer on the first thing I get
is a banner "Log on to Windows" Underneath that is "User Name" [Owner]
"Password" [Blank], and the 3rd line has "OK", "Shutdown", and
"Options".....
If I click on "OK", it takes me directly to my Desk top. The question of
course is..... How do I remove this "Log on to windows" banner. I can live
with it, but it's a pain......
Any help will be appreciated
Barry/Austin

More about : log windows

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 10:29:54 PM

Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > "Change the way users log on"
and check "Use the Welcome screen" and "Use Fast User Switching" > Apply
Options.

Andre
"Barry" <Barry@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> From: "Barry" <Barry@austin.rr.com>
> Subject: Log on to Windows ??
> Date: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:28 PM
>
> Formatted the HD and now when I turn the computer on the first thing I get
> is a banner "Log on to Windows" Underneath that is "User Name" [Owner]
> "Password" [Blank], and the 3rd line has "OK", "Shutdown", and
> "Options".....
> If I click on "OK", it takes me directly to my Desk top. The question of
> course is..... How do I remove this "Log on to windows" banner. I can
> live
> with it, but it's a pain......
> Any help will be appreciated
> Barry/Austin

October 7, 2004 10:29:54 PM

Barry wrote:
> From: "Barry" <Barry@austin.rr.com>
> Subject: Log on to Windows ??
> Date: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:28 PM
>
> Formatted the HD and now when I turn the computer on the first thing I get
> is a banner "Log on to Windows" Underneath that is "User Name" [Owner]
> "Password" [Blank], and the 3rd line has "OK", "Shutdown", and
> "Options".....
> If I click on "OK", it takes me directly to my Desk top. The question of
> course is..... How do I remove this "Log on to windows" banner. I can live
> with it, but it's a pain......
> Any help will be appreciated
> Barry/Austin

Start > Run > type: control userpasswords2

In the window that opens up, remove the checkmark from the box that says
users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Click OK.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.