Crashes to Desktop

I was getting several crashes per day of morrowind - everything else
worked fine and other games played consistantly with no problems. I
upgraded the power supply to no avail. same crashes existed after that -
the right button on the microsoft mouse quit workin and bought a new
Kensington mouse. It's been two weeks without a morrowind crash playin
every day.
--
Mark H --- Frag on !
NF7-S v2.0 Win2k-sp4

"Mark H" <banditt_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I was getting several crashes per day of morrowind - everything else worked
>fine and other games played consistantly with no problems. I upgraded the
>power supply to no avail. same crashes existed after that - the right
>button on the microsoft mouse quit workin and bought a new Kensington
>mouse. It's been two weeks without a morrowind crash playin every day.

The fates are aligned in your favor...but for how long?!?

BWA HA HA HA!!!

Yesterday I crashed TWICE in the tomb where you get Adrano's Skull (or
whatever). Today, I went for three hours without a hiccup...BUT FOR HOW
LONG?!?

there's a lot of things that can be done to make crashes less likely,
but sometimes it seems like there's just a bit of code to make a random
chance of crashing for no reason. I, however, blame Microsoft rather
than Bethesda. but then, I generally blame Microsoft as a rule

Munky Boy wrote:
> "Mark H" <banditt_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I was getting several crashes per day of morrowind - everything else worked
>>fine and other games played consistantly with no problems. I upgraded the
>>power supply to no avail. same crashes existed after that - the right
>>button on the microsoft mouse quit workin and bought a new Kensington
>>mouse. It's been two weeks without a morrowind crash playin every day.
>

> The fates are aligned in your favor...but for how long?!?
>
> BWA HA HA HA!!!
>

> Yesterday I crashed TWICE in the tomb where you get Adrano's Skull (or
> whatever). Today, I went for three hours without a hiccup...BUT FOR HOW
> LONG?!?

I used to have loads of crashes...turned out my motherboard capacitors were
leaking onto my graphcis card, killing them both.
new board, new card, fresh install of morrowind...never crashed.

ive honestly never had any other problems. a lot of games people complain
about being unplayable i have no issues with (championship manager 4,
various battlecruiser games, morrowind).

"heretic" <hereticsinner@worldismyasylum.co.uk> wrote in message
> there's a lot of things that can be done to make crashes less likely,
> but sometimes it seems like there's just a bit of code to make a random
> chance of crashing for no reason. I, however, blame Microsoft rather
> than Bethesda. but then, I generally blame Microsoft as a rule
>
> Munky Boy wrote:
> > "Mark H" <banditt_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I was getting several crashes per day of morrowind - everything else
worked
> >>fine and other games played consistantly with no problems. I upgraded
the
> >>power supply to no avail. same crashes existed after that - the right
> >>button on the microsoft mouse quit workin and bought a new Kensington
> >>mouse. It's been two weeks without a morrowind crash playin every day.
> >

> > The fates are aligned in your favor...but for how long?!?
> >
> > BWA HA HA HA!!!
> >

> > Yesterday I crashed TWICE in the tomb where you get Adrano's Skull (or
> > whatever). Today, I went for three hours without a hiccup...BUT FOR HOW
> > LONG?!?

odd, I used to get several crashes as well..at first I though 'pixel
shading' yet my rad9700pro should have no problem
nevertheless for a while I disabled it and made sure that morrowind was
fully patched.

about a week later it started again and by random chance I'd ordered
some new computer fans...in the meantime I installed the GIANTS and
better bodies & better heads mods

after installing the fans I re-enable pixel shading (the game is so flat
and lifeless without this :( )
....and now it hasn't crashed since
(yet I believe the solution is the better bodies mod - if you don't have
it yet get it ;) )

Stuart