What inkjet printers have 64 bit drivers?

Does anybody know what current inkjet printers have dirvers for 64 bit
Windows (which has been released recently)? I could only find laser printers
with such drivers, but no inkjets.

"mpx" <mpx@hoga.pl> wrote in message news:d76nfc$6kk$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> Does anybody know what current inkjet printers have dirvers for 64 bit
> Windows (which has been released recently)? I could only find laser printers
> with such drivers, but no inkjets.

X64 has built-in drivers for the HP DeskJet 990. This driver can be used with
many of the DeskJet and Officejet products. I checked the DeskJet 6540 and
Officejet 7410 and was pointed at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00364640&lang=en&cc=us
which indicates the 990 drivers will work for these printers. Full support is
planned later this year as indicated on the above link.

Regards,

On Fri, 27 May 2005 07:44:01 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com>
wrote:

>"mpx" <mpx@hoga.pl> wrote in message news:d76nfc$6kk$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
>> Does anybody know what current inkjet printers have dirvers for 64 bit
>> Windows (which has been released recently)? I could only find laser printers
>> with such drivers, but no inkjets.
>
>X64 has built-in drivers for the HP DeskJet 990. This driver can be used with
>many of the DeskJet and Officejet products. I checked the DeskJet 6540 and
>Officejet 7410 and was pointed at
>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00364640&lang=en&cc=us
>which indicates the 990 drivers will work for these printers. Full support is
>planned later this year as indicated on the above link.

Well, I've got to say that's a big improvement. It took 9 months
before they produced a driver for my old HP on Win2k and I didn't
change to Win2k until it had been out for 6 months.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Drivers are slowly coming on board on almost a daily basis.

Look into the "in box" drivers that came with XP 64 at least as a
temporary solution. Write/email/call the printer manufacturer to put
some pressure on them to get the new drivers out ASAP.

Art