GF 6600 GT PCI EX PROBLEM I NEED HELP!

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
ok well today we started up my new system, and eeverything was working great. and has been working great until my friend and i tried to put a tv to the video card. then we resilzed the the tv-out on this card is different form the cable. so he was going to connect it to another Monitir and while the pc was turned on he pulled out the cable and after he gave up on the dula monitor connecting because he didnt have another DVI converter ,he plugged it back into my pc. but the monitor doesnt read the card so i can see S@!#. we have tried it on 2 different monitors, and a projector but no signal.. any idea's?

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I dont see how pluggin and unplugging the monitor cable can kill your graphics card....I do it all the time

Does your machine still start up (a beep sound when powering on)??

If so, give it a bit of time to get into windows and hold down the "Fn" key (around the space-bar area) and press F4 or F5 (try the other F-keys as well if 4 and 5 dont work) this will change your output source.........

I'm guessing your output source somehow got changed when you're messing around with it

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
actually i dont here it beep. is there anything else we could do? i am getting worried

Take out the motherboard battery, unplug the power cord to your PC and leave both (battery & cord unplugged) out for at least 10 minutes.

Check that everything is plugged in right as its possible that something may have been knocked loose~~~

Throw the battery in, plug in the power cord and try powering on~~~

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
well thanks for the advice but i went back to the guy that i got it from and got a original 6600 256mb and some cash back. so its ok :) Aparently when we put the TV-out cable in it fucked up and fried the card, so the guy is getting it fixed with the warrenty